8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 12:43 AM by pkdrums

Cannot install latest drivers for Radeon 6870 (Windows 7)

pkdrums

Windows 7 x64

Intel i5 2500K 3.3 GHz

Z68 Exreme3 Gen3 Mobo

2x Radeon 6870s

Every time I try and install any of the latest drivers for my Radeon 6870s, I seem to be unable to complete the installation properly. I've tried (non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27), and (amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit). In both cases, during installation I get two popups referring to an issue with digital signatures (see attachment). Since windows recognizes it as an unsigned driver I think it does not allow it to install properly. This popup occurs for the ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, and the HDMI Audio driver. When I reboot afterwards, the CCC software or the equivalent settings software for the crimson drivers is installed, but when I attempt to open it it says that no AMD drivers are installed or were possibly installed incorrectly. Windows is stuck using the default VGA drivers at this time.

Troubleshooting I've tried:

Used DDU to clean everything between various install attempts. I tried turning off digitally signed driver requirement in the advanced boot menu (F8 during startup), and found the same issue. I attempted to turn off the program comparability assistant service and found the same issue. Disabled windows defender and firewall, still nothing. Tried to install (amd-catalyst-15.7-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit), found the same unsigned driver popup.

Where I am now:

I've used the display driver uninstaller to remove everything, and then found older drivers from the AMD website. I installed amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit and was able to get everything back to the way it was.

Any suggestions as to how I could properly install the latest drivers would be amazing! Thanks!