AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display Driver crashes on RX 460

Question asked by smoshi on Aug 16, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2018 by waseni

Am using an RX 460 2gb with a 650w Corsair PSU on Windows 10. I got the card on Friday and after trying the latest driver 16.8.2 my game locked up after about 30 seconds. I used DDU to uninstall everything and installed the 16.7.3 drivers. They seemed to work better. I was able to play without any crashes or so I thought. Some games work better than others it seems. Played for hours yesterday, then switched games and got black screen and crash after 10 mins. The errors I get are, "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." , The program (game name) stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. If I have Crimson open I will also get Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1641, time stamp: 0x578d4d34

Played last night, crash after 10 minutes, thought it was because I had Crimson open so I made sure it was closed. Was able to play for 30 minutes without a crash so I thought that was what fixed it. Played today and the same game crashed after only a couple minutes (crimson not open). I'm really lost for words. I don't know what else to try.

Is this hardware related? Driver related? /shrug

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: Went ahead and ran DDU again, and this time installed 16.7.3 minimal setup since that was what autodetect suggested and I haven't tried it yet. Just played the game that I crashed on earlier and had no problems at all. However, I played earlier without any problems and then came back to the game and got a crash so I may just be getting lucky right now. Will have to give it a few. If I can make it an entire day without crashes, then progress will be made.

Outcomes