AnsweredAssumed Answered

Corrupted display in Rise of the Tomb Raider with SSAA or SSAA2 enabled with RX480 both 16.7.2 and 16.8.1 driver.

Question asked by greytoad on Aug 15, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 by dmcybe

I see what looks like video memory corruption when I enable SSAA or SSAA2 in Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 with or without vsync and with or without my overclock.  All other games are fine.   FXAA is fine.

A separate issue I have with ROTR is with the 60 FPS power saving clamp in Wattman.   It works fine by itself.  Vsync triple buffer also works fine by itself.  I receive lockups if I enable them both.  I haven't yet tested this without an overclock so I didn't post this as a separate issue.  

System:

Windows 10 Home (happened both before and after anniversary update.)

Sapphire RX 480 Reference card with EK full cover water block.   Intel 4790k - AsRock extreme6 z97 using a XSPC block  (overclocked to 5Ghz 1.453v and 42 on cache)

16GB DD3  Gskill TridentX (2 8gb modules running at 2200 10-11-11-24-1t)

HD: Samsung SSD Evo 840 500gb  boot drive.   Steam drive is a WDC WD40EZRX-22SPEB0  (4TB Western Digital Green)

Playtv and Raptr or whatever they are called are disabled so is my virus protection.   This is after a clean install of windows 10 with only steam video drivers and a bunch of monitoring software like HWiNFO and GPUZ installed.   It happened before the clean install as well.  

My work around for now is to use just vsync and FXAA.    Not a game stopper but SSAA should work.  

Outcomes