10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 3:17 AM by dmcybe

Corrupted display in Rise of the Tomb Raider with SSAA or SSAA2 enabled with RX480 both 16.7.2 and 16.8.1 driver.

greytoad

I see what looks like video memory corruption when I enable SSAA or SSAA2 in Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 with or without vsync and with or without my overclock.  All other games are fine.   FXAA is fine.

A separate issue I have with ROTR is with the 60 FPS power saving clamp in Wattman.   It works fine by itself.  Vsync triple buffer also works fine by itself.  I receive lockups if I enable them both.  I haven't yet tested this without an overclock so I didn't post this as a separate issue.  

System:

Windows 10 Home (happened both before and after anniversary update.)

Sapphire RX 480 Reference card with EK full cover water block.   Intel 4790k - AsRock extreme6 z97 using a XSPC block  (overclocked to 5Ghz 1.453v and 42 on cache)

16GB DD3  Gskill TridentX (2 8gb modules running at 2200 10-11-11-24-1t)

HD: Samsung SSD Evo 840 500gb  boot drive.   Steam drive is a WDC WD40EZRX-22SPEB0  (4TB Western Digital Green)

Playtv and Raptr or whatever they are called are disabled so is my virus protection.   This is after a clean install of windows 10 with only steam video drivers and a bunch of monitoring software like HWiNFO and GPUZ installed.   It happened before the clean install as well.  

My work around for now is to use just vsync and FXAA.    Not a game stopper but SSAA should work.