I have a Clevo P170EM laptop with Intel HD Graphics and a AMD Radeon HD 7970M. I've clean installed Windows 7 64bit on a PNY SSD 240GB.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 3610QM
Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB Dual (2x4)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
AMD Radeon HD 7970M (BIOS)
AMD Radeon HD 7950M (GPU-Z)
My BIOS is American Trends version 2.15.x.x
For the people who say just switch from card in the BIOS, there is no setting concerning graphic cards.
Everytime when I try to install an AMD Driver it finish it (successfully) and asks me to reboot. I reboot and the Windows logo appears then I hear the Windows login sound aaand it's gone. I only see a black screen with a blinking cursor in the left corner.
Let me guide through all the things I did attempting to fix the black screen
1. I installed all the drivers in the correct order (first chipset, ACHI controller, Audio, card reader then eventually I installed the newest Intel HD Graphicicss for my Intel)
2. I tried to install the AMD driver and then go to Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics > Disable. Then reboot
3. I tried every AMD Driver from Catalyst to Crimson with no success, after every attempt I removed the drivers with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
4. It doesn't matter what I try (disabling HD Graphics
The current state of my laptop is this
1. Windows is up to date (searched multiple times) all my drivers are up to date (regarding HD Graphics and Audio drivers)
2. I installed all the drivers correctly till Intel HD Graphics in order and my laptop is running smooth and well
The BIOS displays AMD Radeon HD 7970M but GPU-Z displays AMD Radeon HD 7950M is this a bug from GPU-Z?
Device manager says after an install error code 43 and before an install it says Basic Display Adapter (this device could not start code 10)
My question is,
Is it fixable or do I need to buy another card (hope not)?
Is the graphic card compatible with my BIOS or is it possible that my BIOS causes the black screen after install?
I hope to hear from you guys!