8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 3:00 PM by atiquestions

Serious Audio Problem :  RX 480 with Xonar STX - Any way to completely disable the Audio Driver of RX 480?

atiquestions

Ever since I just install RX 480.  I've been getting Audio Problems, the sound from my Xonar Essence STX becomes static after a while when listening.  I'm not sure why.  I always have to restart my PC to clear out static sound from my which is a big hassle.  It has never happen before until I install RX 480. Is there any way to complete disable the audio driver from the RX 480?  I think the RX 480 Audio Driver is affecting my Xonar STX sound card.  I tried to disable the sound of the RX 480 by going to Windows 10 Sound Control, and Disable "AMD High Definition Audio Device" but that doesn't seem to work.  Is there a way to block the RX 480 Audio Drivers? I am using Foobar 2000 while listening, I also have 2 monitors setup one that is 4K monitor and the other is 1080p Monitor.

The problem might be :

1.  It might be the bug that the news said the RX 480 was drawing power from the PCI-E.  Even though you updated a fix, I still think it still might be affecting other PCI-Express lanes from other other peripherals such my Xonar STX sound card.

2.  When I turn off one side of the monitor.

3.  Sign out from Windows 10.

4.  Listening for Extended Period of time.

I'm not sure what it is, it could be one those or something else.