BSOD possibly related to failed update and errors from RadeonSettings.exe

jh17-23

System Specs:

Model: ASUS G20BM

CPU: AMD FX-770k Quad-core

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270

RAM: 12GB

2TB Toshiba 7200rpm HDD

Both yesterday and today I have received BSOD errors attributed to Kernel_Security_Check_Failure.

These BOSDs come in light of a variety of situations, one being the Installation of new AMD drivers which didn't go to plan.

On August 10th/11th The AMD Installer application appeared and informed me that updates were ready to be installed across almost all AMD files and software (Display driver, PCIe Bus, Gaming Evolved etc..)

These updates were going to plan until it reached an update for AMD Radeon Settings 52% through the process. I was away from the keyboard when I heard a notification noise and came back to see an AMD notification in the corner before it quickly disappeared and did not proceed to turn up in the Windows 10 action center/notification panel. I had very little time to read the error before it disappeared but believe it to have stated to be unable to find the install path for the Radeon Settings application (I am not completely sure of that). The Installer stayed at 52% for a while before moving on to other drivers and informing me at the end that Radeon Settings had issues. The application is still present on my home screen and I opened it soon after this 'installation' process and it was working without error. I went to the Updates section, checked for updates and it said none were available, despite the supposed failure. I have not opened it since then. This supposed failure has however resulted in Application errors (Event ID: 1000) occurring in RadeonSettings.exe soon after each start-up, but this has (by the looks of things) had no impact on the gaming capabilities of my machine, It's run games just as well as it did before.

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1641, time stamp: 0x578d4d34

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process ID: 0xa0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f661e78c1e8d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Note: Is this the latest version of Radeon Settings as of 10th August or is this the version prior? The update claimed to have failed, so I assume this is the version before, although Radeon settings claims to have no updates available?

Following this I have experienced two BSOD's on my system under 'Kernel_Security_Check_Failure' which is highly likely to the caused by driver issues, seeming as I updated a day prior to these errors occurring one would assume that they could be at fault.

If so, how can I find the driver at fault, resolve these driver issues and errors logged by RadeonSettings.exe in the hope of stopping this?

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.