1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 9:24 AM by amdmatt

16.8.2 Crashing on Install

yeahirock

Hi folks!

Having a bit of trouble with the newest hotfix, and the lastest driver!!

When trying to install the driver it gets to the HDMI Audio Driver (around 25%) and gives me an error (AMD Installation Manager has stopped responding).

I've tried everything I can think of, I've uninstalled every trace of drivers I can find, I've tried installing JUST the video driver (which looks to have worked with 16.7.3, not with the beta driver), I've also tried to install it while in safe mode!!

I'm not entirely sure what info to give to help with an answer, but I'm running Windows 10, R9 290X and an AMD FX-8320!

Any help would be appreciated!

• Re: 16.8.2 Crashing on Install
          amdmatt

I would try a system clean up and a fresh install of our latest drivers as a first troubleshooting step.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.8.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.