12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 4:21 AM by achahin

No man's sky crash

asotos

So..we bought no man's sky and can't play it cause of the OpenGL 4.5 thing...and you stopped support our Radeon HD 5 and 6 series...and now we are doomed...thanks a lot amd...well played...i can't affort for upgrading the gpu...but when i will...this will not be amd thanks to you

• Re: No man's sky crash
          asotos

And to add...at least add an update for our cards for no man's sky...ffs...help your customers for once

hardcoregames™

it's not the driver the game has tons of bugs to fix

NO MAN’S SKY » HARDCORE GAMES™

amdpete

Your GPUs are too old.  A HD 77xx or higher should support OpenGL 4.5 as far as I am aware. It isn't just about software support the GPUs need certain hardware features too.  So there isn't a magic button to implement OpenGL 4.5 on hardware it wasn't designed for.  AMD aren't doing it on purpose despite what you think.

Even if somehow support was magically enabled on such old hardware it would run terribly and not worth playing.  A 7970 card which is way more powerful only gets something like 30fps at 1080P resolution.

Not to mention that the old GPUs do not meet the minimum system requirements that the game expects.

asotos

My gpu is not new...i know that...but i can play the witcher 3...fallout 4...Rise of the tomb raider...Star Citizen...even in low settings....so this is the company faults that put this OpenGL 4.5 in their system req...the thing is that they didn't told us before the release...that's why i bought it...i bought Star Citizen with more demanding minimum system req and i can play it...so it isn't my fault

amdpete

You can get a refund on Steam which is what I did for that game.  Any other reseller should offer a refund since the game developer / publisher didn't make the system requirements clear really since as far as I am aware they didn't tell people til a few hours ago that OpenGL 4.5 was required.

claude1864

4 weeks ago when I pre ordered "No man's sky" The requirements were amd hd 7xxx. They changed it on the release date  (Aug 12th) to 77xx or 78xx. Sony and Hello games are scamming people. They messed up the game so now they change the requirements to cover their tail ends! I have an AMD HD 7560D, I have no idea what the open glide version is on it ( if anyone can tell me or how to find out, I would be most appreciative), but! It will play the game through the nebula fly through then the screen turns white and it crashes to the desktop. That is a problem in game. On another note. Nvidia put out an update for their customers, so they can play the game. Is AMD going to do the same for it's customers? My computer is way over the specs of a PS4 amd a Xbox One. My computer should play this game with out problems. As we all know. PS4 ad Xbox One are actually computers. The same motherboards, cpus, ram.........

achahin

Hi slyther55

Thanks for your fix, actually it worked for me yesterday, but today after updating my gpu drivers, the game won't lunch at all, I mean it shows me just a screen for a second and then closes. I monitored the process from the Task Manager, It opens normally and after consuming 351 MB of RAM then it just destroyed which actually reminds me of GTA V problem with switchable GPUS.