5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 9:07 AM by kubur

Issue enabling Crossfire from Crimson driver 15.12- 16.82. Crossfire overlay missing from global options.

neotoma

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD HD 7990 6GB
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung JU556500 3840x2160 @60Hz Active miniDP to HDMI adapter
      • Motherboard - EVGA Z97 Stinger Wi-Fi LGA 1150
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Rosewill Hive 1000W Bronze
      • RAM
        • Amount of memory installed; 8GB

Describe your issue:

• I updated my Crimson software last night to 16.82 and lost the crossfire function in each of my gaming profiles as well as the ability to turn on the AMD Crossfire logo in the "Global Options." This is frustrating because it was a convenient, quick way to gauge if my crossfire was working. I spent the greater part of last night and wee hours of this morning using Display Driver Uninstaller in "Safe Mode" to remove old driver versions and then reinstall every WHQL driver and hotfix from 15.12 all the way to 16.82 in Normal Mode. Every iteration of driver that I tested from 15.12 to 16.82 was unable to provide the global crossfire X function and crossfire X logo overlay. Unfortunately I do not know which version I had installed before updating to 16.82 but I know that it was most likely the Crimson minimal driver setup that was offered before 16.73. Please help! I am pulling my hair out over this. I really would just like the global crossfire X logo function back as well as support for individual game profiles.