4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2016 3:37 PM by amdpete

American Truck Simulator (ETS2) AMD issues unresolved by Developer

naman

I really like ATS for some odd reason but it doesnt run good at all on my AMD R9-390.  Others have verified this issue.  Nobody seems to care.  Nvidia users with far less hardware can run full graphics options yet I must turn everything off or too low and even then the game cant get over 40 FPS in any city.

I have spent literally hundreds of hours trying to get this to work using every possible combination of video driver/game settings through multiple iterations of drivers.  Its works but looks like a 640-480- software rendered game of 1993.

Any suggestions?

• Re: American Truck Simulator (ETS2) AMD issues unresolved by Developer
          francotrax

Try going to: Crimson > Gaming (tab) > Global Settings > POWER EFFICENCY: OFF

And enable Graphics Profile: Optimize performance.

This helped me to get rid of stuttering problems and bad FPS in GTA V on my R9 380.

Hope it helps.

amdpete

I just tried the ETS2 game, I get 70fps in a city (London) at 1080p with ultra settings and 40fps at 4K res.  At lowest possible settings I get 170fps at 1080p and 120fps at 4K.

Tested using a R9 390X on Win 10 X64 using the 16.8.2 drivers.  Using i7 6700K with 16GB Ram.

Just to prove it:

eurotrucks2_2016_08_13_14_53_23_245.jpg

eurotrucks2_2016_08_13_14_53_57_550.jpg

naman

Something is broken in ATS's multi_monitor mode 2 (Triples) with Radeon R9s.  You arent using mode_2 so of course you wont get a similar result. 

I had a lifetime warranty on my Radeon so went to Best Buy and traded it for a GTX1070 yesterday, costed me $75.  Very smart choice.  All of my issues went away and in 20 minutes.  I was never able to achieve anything close to the same quality as well as consistent FR on the R9, with over 200 hours troubleshooting.  I tried EVERYTHING 5 times except Windows 10 re installs.  That I only did twice...

I made a mistake buying a Radeon and have learned my lesson, again.  The last good card ATI made was the 9800 All in Wonder, lol.

amdpete

And did you mention you were using that mode previously ? No.  If you are only going to give half the information then you can't expect an issue to be looked into.

With 3x 1920 x 1080 monitors and uset r_multimon_mode "2" set in the game config.cfg I am getting 35 - 40fps at maximum game graphics quality and 100fps with the lowest quality settings.  Doesn't seem too bad to me since it's 3x the rendering of a 1080p display.

eurotrucks2_2016_08_14_21_30_58_354.jpg

eurotrucks2_2016_08_14_21_34_00_174.jpg