Yet another 9590 Freezing

howman

Power Supply EVGA SupperNova 750 G2

VideoCard EVGA Geforce GT 730

MotherBoard MSI 990FXA Gaming

CPU AMD 9590

Memory Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Dual Channel

Liquid cpu cooler Corsair H115i

Harddrive Kingston 120G SSD SATA (main C Drive)

Other

usb 2.0 card

raid card

13 storage drive 7 or 8 inturnal rest usb drives

Now my problem is that if I do not use AMD's over drive I can not turn turbo off and I heard

over drive doses not work well with windows 10.If I do not use over drive I can run computer for 5 mins

or so the longest it ran in turbo was about 45 mins whatching you tube. The setings in the bios are

grayed out and can not be changed.

Over clocking the cpu does not matter to much to me but if I can run it stable at 4.7 G  more would nice since you could

get 5G out of it.Right now it runs for days using amd's over drive to turn of turbo (with a few glich's when watching you tub)

now I use windows 10 to check memory it check out fine.But wether I run turbo or 4.7 g no testing software works

amd over drive Auto clock or stabiliy test will freeze(have to reset computer) or fail test but no blue screen.I tryed

prime95 and it fails With But I can complet amd's over drive bench mark test with a 12870

[Fri Aug 05 05:50:19 2016]

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4609375, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 7.293663397089006e+016, expected: 7.293648232554014e+016

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

But I can complet amd's over drive bench mark test with a 12870

more info

Amd over drive temp 8 core temps between 36 and 47 c tmpin1 56 c tmpin2 258.3c tmpin3 258.9 c tmpin4 250.7 c

now those temps can not be right other soft ware reads differnt

Crosair's Link 4 msi 990Fxa temp 1 30 c temp 2 50 c temp 3 41 c Vcpu 1.19 to 1.49 Amd FX-9590 between 28 and 35 c load 32 to 45 percent

Msi command center cpu temp 30 c system 41 c VCore 1.1 to 1.496

CPUID HWMonitor

MSI 990FXA

Voltage VCore max 1.496 min 0.000 right now fluxuates 1.2 to 1.496

Temperatures

TMPIN0 max 31 min 24 now 28

TMPIN1 max 45 min 45 now 48

TMPIN2 max 42 min 39 now 41

AMD fx9590

Temperatures

max 42 min 22 now between 25 and 37

Now I would like some help in proper setup of the MSI 990FXA and AMD 9590 cpu

and or a bios verion where I can change tubro so it does not say auto

• Re: Yet another 9590 Freezing
          techguy

CPU turbo mode is controlled in the BIOS. You do not need AMD AOD to disable turbo mode. You likely need to go into "manual" mode to disable turbo mode and make other changes as needed. You need to however make sure that you understand what you are changing or you could disable your PC completely. The vcore and frequency on all FX and newer AMD CPU/APUs change continuously based on load and the processor's internal core temp. 61C is the max user temp for all FX 8-core 125w/220w CPUs.

This forum is set up to bring up appropriate threads when you ask a question. All of the FX-9590 threads have details on the known issues or cooling problems related to the FX-9000 series CPUs. There is VALUABLE information in these threads which FX-9000 owners should read in detail to eliminate any operation issues.

howman

Thank you for taking the time to answer  me,  I have not seen anywhere near the 61C max temp for the cpu and in the bios all the options for oc' ing are grayed out and I can not change them and overdrive is the only way I have been able to turn turbo off. I looked through the manual for the mother board but did not see any setting for manual mode.

Looking around on forums I see apposing views on cpu voltage some said set to 1.4v and anther said his computer became stable at 1.5v. I would rather not mess with voltages just would like it to run smooth and pass some stress tests so i know it will be fine I am going to add some more fans and turn the radiator around the manual for corsair suggested the fans bring air into the case I though that was a bad idea I think hot air out is better, even tho temps are not too  high it could not hurt any.

If you have any suggestions for me I would like to hear what you think Like any better ways to set this cpu up.

techguy

If the settings are grayed out either your mobo maker doesn't allow manual settings or you need to make a selection that allows you to set the CPU frequency and vcore and if allowed disable Turbo mode. MSI Tech Support should certainly be able to provide the information on your specific model mobo.

howman

Called msi they said that msi's 990 fXA is there only msi mother board capable of handling the AMD 9590 and as long as I have water cooling i should not have to do any  accept drop the chip in.  He then said that if i have to use AMD's Over drive to stabilize the computer that there is a problem and then said 95% of the time the problem is not with the cpu its with the mother board and sent me a beta bios firmware to try which I did It seams better but not much. He all said that the options in the bios are that way (grayed out cause of the cpu (9590)) and that they can not be change with out a modified bios (and he said they don't do that). so not sure what he tell me. He also said if i had another 9590 I should test it (like I have 9590 coming out my rear end).

So after talking to msi I am no farther along.   Still trying to figure out if he was saying to replace mother board ??? I was running a 6300 fx chip on the board with no problems.

hardcoregames™

The 9590 uses way too much power for most boards. Its possible your regulators are stressing.

I draw the line at 125W and I am now looking at 95W processors with AMD Zen which is moving in the right direction

techguy

Unfortunately it sounds like a mobo issue - especially if MSI does not allow you to manually change the BIOS settings for frequency, vcore, etc. IME despite their advertising MSI generally sells entry level type mobos and as such their mobo probably isn't well suited for the FX-9000 series CPUs. BTW, it doesn't matter if you have liquid or HSF cooling as long as you have at least 220W worth of cooling to keep the CPU under 62C during full load CPU use. There are several threads here on the FX-9590 where I explain the CPU cooler issue and what options exist.

If you haven't already tried adding a small fan blowing air on the VRM circuit/heatsink which is next to the CPU, you should give it a try as a under capacity VRM circuit design can easily overheat and throttle the CPU or even cause BSOD and reboots.

hardcoregames™

Even the best AM3+ boards are all marked 140W max which is what the C2 versions of the Phenom II were operating at before the better C3 versions were introduced.

My MSI board is capable of 125W processor which is what is widely available today.

I have not seen any motherboard with more regulators than my MSI board

howman

Support For 990FXA GAMING | MSI Canada | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

This link says its supported but needs "Special Thermal Required"

Due to the high TDP, please be noted there are limitations while using those CPU:(i.e. special thermal required..

FX-9370(FD9370FHW8KHK, 4.4GHz, 8C, L3:8M, 220W,rev.C0,AM3+)

FX-9590(FD9590FHW8KHK, 4.7GHz, 8C, L3:8M, 220W,rev.C0,AM3+)

It not like I can run out and buy all new mother board i am on a fixed income I would have to save for half a year to but a new mother board so I got to work with what i have I wish my old mother board and cpu where still running it was 12 to 15 years old and it is still better then the 9590. it was a 3G hertz intell dualcore extream I wish it would have never died on me but i think it was the mother board that died it was a msi  P35 Platinum and it lasted that long i was surprised. I looked for the board but all i could find is on ebay and said 99% bran new and was just as expensive as when i first bought it and it was old tec the cpu when I bought it it was close to $2000.00 canadain and mother was around $300.00. So this is how I got to the 9590 it was cheaper and newer tec so i thought better. but i may be wrong.

howman

Thank you for your answer I think I may do a replacement on the mother board but want to messy around a bit see what i can do. I notice that when I do not use Amd's overdrive to turn turbo off that the voltage (v core) is all over the place  it drops below 1 volt to over 1.5 and any where in between, but when over drive has turbo turned off it still fluctuates but not as much. voltage is mostly right at 1.488 should try  setting it to 1.525 and see what happens???

Well i never seen any where near 62c right now the highest temp of chip using cupid hwmontor is 31 c but thats not under load(watching you tub, some browsing and running hyper-v (windows server 2012 R2) that about it.

But your saying that when i am running test that it may be getting over or around 62c and freezing???

I should go looking for some of your threads. I will try and add some more fans like you suggested and see how that goes.

techguy

By design all of the newer AMD processors change vcore voltage and frequency based on the load and internal temp of the processor. The 1.488v sounds like the default vcore for your CPU under full load. The 1.525 vcore is typically for turbo mode which only occurs when the cores are under light to medium loads. Applets like OCCT will record the vcore voltage and internal temp along with CPU frequency and load so you can see exactly what is happening. I would NOT increase the vcore to 1.525v as this is only for turbo mode and light loads. Increasing the vcore will also place a higher load on the mobo VRM which is likely the real problem with your system. Most any of the recent FX-9590 "Freezing" threads here have my comments in them.

howman

I have a bit of an update I had RMA the cpu It was found defective, And has not quite fixed my freezing but This is a little different, so far it only seams to freeze when using remote desktop. had new cup install for 2 days froze 3 time every time while using remote desk top

The computer with the 9590 has 2 user accounts 1 reg user 1 admin user the reg user is used to watch you tube the admin user i got hyper v running windows server Hosting my web page. So I use remote desktop on my laptop to connect to admin account and I can use it for random period of time before it then freezes.So should I try a different operating system like win7 or 8 instead of win 10

At this point it has ran a half day watching you tube and no freezing (not using remote desktop)

going to try some gaming to stress it a bit and see if it freezes.

And I am not using overdrive to turn turbo off

could I still have hard ware problem Motherboard.

will try turning turbo off and remote desktop connection.

uzpcustoms

Working with my FX8730 at 5.0 GHz on all 8 cores, I have had freezing also. I found this to be a lack of voltage to the NB/CPU, once i bumped the voltages it was stable. Of course, thermally this is cause increases in temperatures, but I am using a dedicated CPU Water Cooled 240mm radiator loop with 8 Fans in push pull configuration. If you can not adjust your Voltages, the next best thing would be to underclock the CPU. Instead of 4.7GHz, try 4.5GHz. That little bit should fix your stability issues on pretty much any AM3 Mother Board.

howman

I have a 280mm liquid cpu cooler  with 2 140mm fans on the radiator also have 5 other 140mm fans in the case and have a small fan pointed on the heat sink next to cpu my temps are good I think these temps are just with watching you tube running on normal windows 10 user account and hyper-v (windows server 2016) running on admin account temps cpu temp hi of 30c and low of 11c usually runs in mid 20s,  then there is a temp#1 24c temp#2 43c temp#3 35c and the gpu 36c I will have to go back in to the bios and check what i can actually do.

howman

I was using bluescreenview so when computer was freezing it is giving bluescreen but I do not see them out of the 7 I am listing i only seen one. One of the problems seam to be video driver but I do not know the others.

==================================================

Dump File         : 091716-13375-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-09-17 3:04:16 PM

Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1

Parameter 1       : ffff960b`ab4a7eca

Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000006

Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4       : fffff801`78e14356

Caused By Driver  : nvlddmkm.sys

Caused By Address : nvlddmkm.sys+254014

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Processor         : x64

Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-13375-01.dmp

Processors Count  : 8

Major Version     : 15

Minor Version     : 14393

Dump File Size    : 482,740

Dump File Time    : 2016-09-17 3:08:00 PM

Dump File         : 091616-12109-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-09-16 11:35:58 AM

Parameter 1       : ffff8d80`296aceca

Parameter 4       : fffff80d`73f14356

Caused By Driver  : jraid.sys

Caused By Address : jraid.sys+4356

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+14a0d0

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091616-12109-01.dmp

Dump File Size    : 472,916

Dump File Time    : 2016-09-16 11:37:43 AM

Dump File         : 091616-12328-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-09-16 11:31:10 AM

Bug Check String  : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Bug Check Code    : 0x0000003b

Parameter 1       : 00000000`c0000005

Parameter 2       : fffff80b`44f81c5b

Parameter 3       : ffffcf80`f8564920

Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000000

Caused By Driver  : cdd.dll

Caused By Address : cdd.dll+67a5

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091616-12328-01.dmp

Dump File Size    : 478,820

Dump File Time    : 2016-09-16 11:34:11 AM

Dump File         : 090916-18703-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-09-09 6:58:03 PM

Bug Check String  :

Bug Check Code    : 0x00000133

Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000501

Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000500

Caused By Driver  : hal.dll

Caused By Address : hal.dll+4e490

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090916-18703-01.dmp

Processors Count  : 6

Dump File Size    : 558,092

Dump File Time    : 2016-09-09 6:59:52 PM

Dump File         : 083116-18843-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-08-31 5:07:44 AM

Bug Check String  : DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Bug Check Code    : 0x000000f7

Parameter 1       : ffff9b00`90506148

Parameter 2       : 0000579d`2ca94a7d

Parameter 3       : ffffd466`d2205dcd

Caused By Address : nvlddmkm.sys+195a76

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+14a060

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\083116-18843-01.dmp

Dump File Size    : 560,276

Dump File Time    : 2016-08-31 5:10:21 AM

Dump File         : 082616-17406-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-08-26 4:52:30 PM

Parameter 1       : ffffd203`b045a37c

Parameter 4       : fffff807`21fc4377

Caused By Driver  : jraid.sys

Caused By Address : jraid.sys+4377

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082616-17406-01.dmp

Dump File Size    : 462,052

Dump File Time    : 2016-08-26 4:53:29 PM

Dump File         : 082616-15968-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 2016-08-26 10:12:15 AM

Parameter 1       : ffffcb84`e848feca

Parameter 4       : fffff80f`3a3a4356

Caused By Address : nvlddmkm.sys+254014

File Description  :

Product Name      :

Company           :

File Version      :

Stack Address 1   :

Stack Address 2   :

Stack Address 3   :

Computer Name     :

Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082616-15968-01.dmp

Dump File Size    : 462,716

Dump File Time    : 2016-08-26 10:13:47 AM

all tho my computer is running a lot more stable since cpu replacement  I still get the freezing. Could this be video card?? related I have a nvidia 8800 ultra it is a old card but it still works and requires more power then the 730 gt so i may be creating different problems by using it should i try any way?

warsun

No.I think you should contact your motherboard manufacturer on that issue first off.Second off Your BIOS driver is in the latest version of Crimson Driver.So Uninstall your current one an run the Cleaner.There is a cleaner on the Download page.Run that.Then Install the latest driver an see if this problem persist.Also if this is a Windows 7 platform.Please run a spyware cleaner before going back.I normally run ComboFix from Bleepingcomputer.com but after it finishes running.You have to quickly go into Administration tools.Go to Services. An disable Windows Defender,Security Center,and finally Windows Updates.In that order.

howman

Thank you for your reply I am using Windows 10 64bit I do see cleaner but it is not for chip set

Supported Hardware

• AMD Desktop Graphics
                                            • AMD Professional Graphics
                                            • AMD APU Graphics
                                            • AMD Integrated Graphics

combo fix is not for win 10 if it does not work on 8.1

ComboFix Download

catchabreak

could you use some ram testing software to make sure this isn't bad ram stick. run prime95 on small ffts. Will mostly check cpu. if that's ok try blend setting cpu/ram

run Heaven benchmark, download from 3dguru will just test gpu with slight cpu usage

howman

I tryed to run prime95 small ffts got blue screen RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED.

on 09/30/16 I updated the nvidia driver and its froze twice and 3 blue screens including the one while trying to run prime95

List of blue screens since I installed the new 9590

100216-14328-01.dmp    2016-10-02 1:17:35 PM    RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED    0x000000e3    ffffaa0d`ccae53c0    ffffaa0d`d197e800    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000002    NTFS.sys    NTFS.sys+1d801   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100216-14328-01.dmp    8    15    14393    595,036    2016-10-02 1:19:10 PM   
                                                    100116-13078-01.dmp    2016-10-01 11:56:37 PM    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION    0x0000003b    00000000`c0000005    fffff809`798044d4    ffff9380`b0aaed80    00000000`00000000    FLTMGR.SYS    FLTMGR.SYS+44d4   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100116-13078-01.dmp    8    15    14393    532,300    2016-10-01 11:58:16 PM   
                                                    100116-15703-01.dmp    2016-10-01 11:25:21 PM    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS    0x00000044    ffffdb0a`694285c0    00000000`00002417    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    amd_xata.sys    amd_xata.sys+2ba9   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100116-15703-01.dmp    8    15    14393    605,228    2016-10-01 11:27:08 PM   
                                                    093016-13265-01.dmp    2016-09-30 2:41:14 AM    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x0000000a    00000000`00000050    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff802`dfeb883e    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\093016-13265-01.dmp    8    15    14393    559,108    2016-09-30 2:43:27 AM   
                                                    092816-13140-01.dmp    2016-09-28 10:27:46 AM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    00000000`3221024b    00000000`000000ff    00000000`00000000    00000000`3221024b    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092816-13140-01.dmp    8    15    14393    485,916    2016-09-28 10:29:51 AM   
                                                    092716-12265-01.dmp    2016-09-27 2:49:08 PM    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP    0x0000007f    00000000`00000008    ffffc380`e81cbb30    00000000`00000000    fffff803`673cd388    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092716-12265-01.dmp    8    15    14393    558,004    2016-09-27 2:51:20 PM   
                                                    092516-13843-01.dmp    2016-09-25 1:02:35 AM   0x00000133    00000000`00000001    00000000`00001e00    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092516-13843-01.dmp    8    15    14393    558,332    2016-09-25 1:05:21 AM   
                                                    092216-12890-01.dmp    2016-09-22 1:14:24 PM   0x00020001    00000000`00000011    00000000`0021932b    00000000`00001005    ffffe800`0027bd70    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092216-12890-01.dmp    8    15    14393    483,012    2016-09-22 1:16:35 PM   
                                                    092116-13671-01.dmp    2016-09-21 8:22:10 AM    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS    0x00000044    ffffd708`e67b96b0    00000000`00002417    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    amd_xata.sys    amd_xata.sys+2ba9   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092116-13671-01.dmp    8    15    14393    553,076    2016-09-21 8:23:46 AM   
                                                    092116-12781-01.dmp    2016-09-21 3:58:17 AM    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x0000000a    00000000`00000009    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff802`ef8b8966    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092116-12781-01.dmp    8    15    14393    526,580    2016-09-21 4:00:30 AM   
                                                    092016-12843-01.dmp    2016-09-20 1:42:12 AM    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION    0x0000003b    00000000`c0000005    ffffa1d5`e46333d8    ffff8101`bd466020    00000000`00000000    win32kbase.sys    win32kbase.sys+a33d8   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092016-12843-01.dmp    8    15    14393    603,444    2016-09-20 1:44:18 AM   
                                                    091916-12859-01.dmp    2016-09-19 3:00:54 PM    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS    0x00000044    ffff8b85`811a8510    00000000`00002417    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    amd_xata.sys    amd_xata.sys+2ba9   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091916-12859-01.dmp    8    15    14393    558,740    2016-09-19 3:02:54 PM   
                                                    091716-13375-01.dmp    2016-09-17 3:04:16 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    ffff960b`ab4a7eca    00000000`00000006    00000000`00000000    fffff801`78e14356    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+254014   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0b0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-13375-01.dmp    8    15    14393    482,740    2016-09-17 3:08:00 PM   
                                                    091616-12109-01.dmp    2016-09-16 11:35:58 AM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    ffff8d80`296aceca    00000000`00000006    00000000`00000000    fffff80d`73f14356    jraid.sys    jraid.sys+4356   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0d0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091616-12109-01.dmp    8    15    14393    472,916    2016-09-16 11:37:43 AM   
                                                    091616-12328-01.dmp    2016-09-16 11:31:10 AM    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION    0x0000003b    00000000`c0000005    fffff80b`44f81c5b    ffffcf80`f8564920    00000000`00000000    cdd.dll    cdd.dll+67a5   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0d0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091616-12328-01.dmp    8    15    14393    478,820    2016-09-16 11:34:11 AM   
                                                    090916-18703-01.dmp    2016-09-09 6:58:03 PM   0x00000133    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000501    00000000`00000500    00000000`00000000    hal.dll    hal.dll+4e490   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a0d0   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090916-18703-01.dmp    6    15    14393    558,092    2016-09-09 6:59:52 PM   
                                                    083116-18843-01.dmp    2016-08-31 5:07:44 AM    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER    0x000000f7    ffff9b00`90506148    0000579d`2ca94a7d    ffffd466`d2205dcd    00000000`00000000    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+195a76   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a060   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\083116-18843-01.dmp    8    15    14393    560,276    2016-08-31 5:10:21 AM   
                                                    082616-17406-01.dmp    2016-08-26 4:52:30 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    ffffd203`b045a37c    00000000`00000006    00000000`00000000    fffff807`21fc4377    jraid.sys    jraid.sys+4377   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a060   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082616-17406-01.dmp    8    15    14393    462,052    2016-08-26 4:53:29 PM   
                                                    082616-15968-01.dmp    2016-08-26 10:12:15 AM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    ffffcb84`e848feca    00000000`00000006    00000000`00000000    fffff80f`3a3a4356    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+254014   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a060   C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082616-15968-01.dmp    8    15    14393    462,716    2016-08-26 10:13:47 AM   
                                              catchabreak

you should try windows recovery if all else fails only way I have found to remove driver bugs, just make sure to tell it to save files if you have any documents or other stuff you need to keep. will take it back to a clean copy of windows. You can also try swapping out ram sticks, bad ram or ram sockets can cause these problems including faulty drivers.

howman

I have checked the memory with the windows memory test and it tested fine. I did reinstall win 10 before i had my 9590 replaced but i can try try reinstalling a fresh clean copy of win 10. I have try installing the chip set drivers but it never replaces the win 10 driver with the amds it says that the best drive is all ready being used now. How would you test ram sockets. My motherboard can have a max of 32 gig 4 8 gig sticks. I got 16 gig 2 8 gig sticks i have no other ddr 3 to test with.

howman

Today my computer froze 3 times, each and every time I was watching YouTube, on chrome on account 1 and logged

in with account 2 playing megalopolis, a Facebook flash game using remote desktop connection. Now windows 10 does

not allow multi sessions at the same time so I use RDP Wrapper to do this which can be found here https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

now could this cause my freezing problem or is this just coincidence.

Since I posted on the 5th it only froze one other time. and these are the blue screens since the 5th of Oct

100816-46281-01.dmp    2016-10-08 4:15:08 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    00000000`00000000    00000000`000000ff    00000000`00000021    00000000`00000000    hal.dll    hal.dll+137c3   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100816-46281-01.dmp    8    15    14393    493,268    2016-10-08 4:17:43 PM   
                                                  100816-20218-01.dmp    2016-10-08 3:24:02 AM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    ffff9803`bb91cf40    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000001    fffff801`60cf0d1d    nvlddmkm.sys    nvlddmkm.sys+f0d1d   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100816-20218-01.dmp    8    15    14393    530,828    2016-10-08 3:25:30 AM   
                                                  100816-45281-01.dmp    2016-10-08 3:01:13 AM   0x00020001    00000000`00000011    00000000`00215cec    00000000`00001005    ffffe800`00235d90    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100816-45281-01.dmp    8    15    14393    470,492    2016-10-08 3:05:57 AM   
                                                  100716-45031-01.dmp    2016-10-07 6:44:52 AM    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x0000000a    00000000`00000008    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff803`9c4469a6    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100716-45031-01.dmp    8    15    14393    486,340    2016-10-07 6:47:37 AM   
                                                  100616-44937-01.dmp    2016-10-06 2:28:00 AM    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION    0x0000003b    00000000`c0000005    fffff802`61e72dab    ffff8781`27ce9f80    00000000`00000000    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100616-44937-01.dmp    8    15    14393    422,444    2016-10-06 2:30:13 AM   
                                                  100516-45093-01.dmp    2016-10-05 5:33:47 PM    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED    0x0000001e    ffffffff`c0000005    fffff805`ee0353f2    00000000`00000000    ffffffff`ffffffff    NTFS.sys    NTFS.sys+53f2   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100516-45093-01.dmp    8    15    14393    464,772    2016-10-05 5:36:15 PM   
                                                  100516-44281-01.dmp    2016-10-05 5:24:39 AM    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x0000000a    00000000`0000588f    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000001    fffff801`872b7703    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   x64    ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0   C:\Windows\Minidump\100516-44281-01.dmp    8    15    14393    465,460    2016-10-05 5:26:37 AM   
                                                    howman

My Computer has now been running for 9 day 20 hours 4 minutes with out a freezing or blue screen

and all I did was set the memory timing manually and turned off all of the power saving features.

Hope I did not speak to soon. Hope this continues. Have no idea why turning off power features mattered so much. But it's running.

techguy

The power saving features cause the CPU to change vcore and frequency and as such there is always the possibility of a BSOD while changing these parameters on-the-fly. Running without the power saving options is like running a typical CPU ten years or so ago.

On cold boot the BIOS attempts to set the DRAM frequency based on the information stored in the SPD tab of the DRAM. If during boot the BIOS determines the specified settings are unreliable it will alter them to what is believed to be safe, reliable settings for the DRAM - which may not actually be optimal. Manually setting the DRAM timing/frequency forces the BIOS to use the manually input timing/frequency without attempting to use other settings. That's why manually setting BIOS options is often the most reliable - especially with FX-9000 CPUs which are AMD factory overclocked FX-8350 type CPUs. Everything in the PC system needs to be set perfect at the higher frequencies and with 8-cores for all to work reliably.

Hopefully you have found the settings that were unreliable and corrected them. Enjoy!

catchabreak

Try opening up the memory timings one guy fixed his 9590 from the same fault by just doing this. Does the motherboard come with any software to control the bios. MSI Global  have you tried using this software.

amdlust

Can I just say the best mother board for this processor is the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z .

I actually have not had a problem since owning it I was one of the few who forked out 1000 dollars before they reduced the price.

My Machine is a monster and I even got a 96% better than all results in firestrike paired with gtx 770s.

So heres what I have incase any of this info helps you, AMD R9 Gamer Ram 16gb,  3x Msi Gtx 770s gaming oc edition Twin frozr, Amd 9590 Running at 4.7 with turbo turned on, and the crosshair v formula z paired with a Lepa 1800 watt psu.  The cooler I used is the Kraken x61.

Never had any performance issues and I even clocked it up to 5.5 a few times, It would over heat unless I had the portable ac blowing on the water cooler grill.

I also use the NZXT phantom case which has plenty of room for fans and what not.  If you want my bios specs hit me up.

You should have no problem with this cpu I just hope you have a mobo with at least an 2x 8 phase power

howman

well can not afford to go out and buy new hardware if i could i would have went intell and bought there 10 core cpu, but I do not have that type of money when I bought msi's fxa 990 it was 300 and gave me freezing and blue screens up until I set memory timings and turned off all power saving features. only thing that happens is the video will freeze a sound is made cause sound freeze with the video lasts about 4or 5 sec's then continues  but I believe this may be just video card related or the 50' hdmi cable to the tv.

I use 750 watt power supply amd site says 650 at a minimum and it's running good with the 750 watt   

what do you mean by "I just hope you have a mobo with at least an 2x 8 phase power"

my motherboard is on amd list of approved motherboard for the 9590

and

cpu(9590) is approved for the motherboard on msi  990FXA

amdlust

By the way this CPU requires at least a 1300 watt psu if you want things to run smoothly.

howman

got  750 watt  but you think a 1300 watt is better. only got one video card and its not power hungry I do have an old 8800 ultra but have not used it cause it needs more power then my gt 730. 

amdlust

First of all would you stop mentioning going with Intel, You should accept the fact you have the best AMD FX Cpu you can get, Meaning its a top end cpu, Infact its still there flagship cpu which was $999 when it hit in 2012,  Your Mobo is decent to, I just went and saw its a newer board from MSI.   Msi is a reliable company.  AMD Recommends AT LEAST a 1000W PSU for this chip, Although you can get away with 750 watts, I wouldnt recommend it,   The only thing holding your system back right now imo is the PSU and the Graphics card,  Go to Amazon.Com and get a GTX 750ti   For 99.99   Once you pop that in your system your all good for the best games with the best graphics settings.

Dont downplay the power of the 9590,  Esspecially when it comes to price to performance against Intel, I will never buy intel for the fact they want to become a Monopoly,  Ill support AMD I have faith they will become the leader again like the were in 1997.

Thanks to AMD, People of all financial levels can have a great class computer at a resonable cost.

techguy

AMD does NOT officially recommend a 1000w PSU for the FX-9000 series CPUs !

AMD recommends a 600w PSU as a MINIMUM for the FX-9000 series CPUs. In reality the PSU wattage is NOT the primary criteria in obtaining a proper PSU for a modern PC. What is REQUIRED is a Minimum of 54 Amps. on the 12v rail of the PSU for any FX-9000 series CPU from a QUALITY PSU. If you have a high powered GPU then you will need even more Amps. on the 12v rail.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                              hardcoregames™

My page on power supplies still is the best reference around

THE ATX PC POWER SUPPLY » HARDCORE GAMES™

amdlust

Actually I beg to differ, Since I bought this chip at launch for $999.00

To use the CPU on your system, you should meet the minimum requirements specified by AMD, and they're not light:

~ 990FX/SB950 Chipset

~ At least DDR3-1600MHz memory chip

~ A 1000 Watt power supply for these power hungry chips

AMD has also recommended users to use either a Corsair H80i, Antec Kuhler H2O 920 or the Coolit ECO-II 120FB-Fat Boy liquid cooling system - if the 220W TDP didn't tip you off, these monsters make a lot of heat.

enigma0

Unless you have about 700watts of other components simultaneously at full load that's a preposterous recommendation.

The FX-9590 is 220W (max) but more like 60-120W average.

Even if you system runs a monstrous Radeon Pro Duo you're still only eating up to another 350W at full load (The AMD Radeon Pro Duo Review | PC Perspective).

220 + 350 = 570W max. Even throwing in an extremely generous extra 150W for other misc power that's still only 720W at absolute max load.

At best you can argue that to obtain absolute optimal power efficiency you would, in this hypothetical system, want close to 2x max load but by no means is it necessary. You could easily run this hypothetical system off of an 800W with no risk. Max load is almost never the most active load.

You buying the chip at launch means next to nothing and a 1300W recommendation is just absurd.

gillis785

I realize this is an old post but the solution I found for my system was to download AMD Overdrive. The
                                                                            version I have is 4.3 .1.0698. To Bypass OC Genie Doesn’t support CPU over 200w
                                                                            and greyed out areas in Bios

1. Install AMD OverDrive

2. Reboot System (very important)

3. When in Program go under Performance Control Click Clock/Voltage

4. Now Click Turbo Core Control… Uncheck Enable Turbo Core, Click Ok

5. Now you can change your CPU Core 0 Multiplier to 21.5 X and your Voltage to
                                                                            1.4000 click Apply You will see the change from 4.7GHz to 4.3GHz.

6. Reboot

7. Every time you reboot your system you will need to do step 4 again it does
                                                                            not stay disabled, all other settings should be ok.

I too was frustrated not being able to find a solution for this freezing during
                                                                            gaming and sometimes watching videos. And bought this CPU, Mobo combo thinking
                                                                            they would work together since the MSI site said it would. This solution seemed
                                                                            to have fix these issues.

Also thank you madmatt30 at Tom's Hardware Forum for the CPU multiplier and voltage suggestion.

System Specs

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

MB: MSI 990FXA Gaming Bios v.1.4

CPU: AMD FX9590 with Noctua NH-D15 Cooler

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz

PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W, 80 PLUS Platinum, Modular

GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 1070

HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

I hope this helps others with this Motherboard and CPU combo.

warsun

If you are using the latest driver you dont need to download Overdrive.Dosn't the newer one provide something for anything over 200w?