13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 10:01 PM by pokemonfan13

Glitch update?! (screen flickering black after update)

pokemonfan13

Based on the suggested threads based on my topic, there are related questions, but they appear to be for different updates, so I'm going to make a new topic for mine.

I had a windows 7 update for my graphics card and tried to install it.  When I did, the computer screen started flickering on and off and then my resolution set itself to the minimum, blowing my screen up HUGE.  Deciding something bad was happening, I cancelled the install, but by the time it quit the update was already installed.  I fixed my resolution, but the "graphic options" thing I got with a right-click on my desktop before wasn't there, so I had to use the Microsoft utility to change my resolution.  It gave me a message about needing to restart for the thing to work, so I did, hoping the problems would be fixed after the restart.  After the restart I got ANOTHER message about needing to restart my computer and my screen was still flickering in a glitchy manner.  I restarted again, and still had the glitchy flickering problem.  So I did a system restore to before the update.  This is the information from the update in question:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - AMD Radeon R7 M340

Download size: 193.2 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 software update released in June, 2016

My graphics card is the AMD Radeon R7 M340

Treat it as poison, or try again without trying to abort it?  Given how many other topics there are about similar problems with other updates, I'm starting to suspect I should NEVER update this particular driver...