10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 7:07 PM by ray_m

AMD 16.7.3 MESS

john007

SO..

Honestly AMD you've had enough time to optimize crimson and here we go again.

Installed you're crapware and upon restarting the unit the 'Welcome screen' just hangs for like 10seconds with 'Please Wait'. After that the system starts slower than a crappy old laptop and this unit has a new top of the line 1TB SSD.

Further more I gave you a chance and carried on setting up the drivers. Upon setting up the scaling for each resolution I noticed that half of the resolutions could not be scaled? The slider disappears? What a total mess.

Ok so with putting up with the worse boot up times ever and now overscanned resolutions I decided to test out your drivers.

Doesn't matter what 3D application new or old the framerate is shocking. GTA SA 2005 played like crap. Battlefield 2 plays like crap. BF3 BF4 even worse. Infact any bloody game plays shocking.

I even upgraded the bloody chipset drivers also 16.7.3.

The drivers have been tested on 3 units all with the same conclusion. Feels like a virus or malware of somesort.

• Re: AMD 16.7.3 MESS
          black_zion

The newest driver set is Crimson 16.8.1.

john007

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

Isn't 16.8.1 a beta driver? Also no information on optimizations for the FuryX only for the 480?

black_zion

The only differences between a "beta" driver and WHQL driver are that AMD didn't pay Microsoft $750 for a signature, and Windows 10 won't force them on people who didn't disable driver updates. Also, AMD doesn't detail their drivers the way nVidia does, they just mention the major fixes and known issues.

chin

Why should we upgrade to 16.8.1 when there are several bad reportings on the drivers?

Shouldn't we wait for another?

kingfish

If you wait until there are no "bad" reports, you will wait forever. Because some idiot has a problem doesn't mean you will. Remember, only bad reports are posted here, not the thousands who have no issues and are happy campers.

chin

Sir, do you have an explanation why some gives the problems and majority doesn't?

At the Green Camp, the drivers is either 100% working or everyone experiences the bug. There isn't reporting of some having issues and majority doesn't.

I'm a die hard Red. But drivers after the RX 480 launch is getting back to bad old days. I dare not upgrade.

Had a newly RMA R9 270X goes dead after upgrading. Has been working fine before upgrade.

kingfish

Personally, I think most problems are caused by the user. Refusing to keep the computer updated (except for graphics drivers), bad/stupid overclocking, unrealistic graphics settings in games, ignorance of what AMD settings do, third party controllers, insufficient power supply, all/any of these contribute to problems. And you are totally wrong with your Nvidia comment. The Nvidia forum is available for you to read the complaints/issues. 

chin

Honestly, I do not have not many issues with the Crimson drivers all along except for those known bugs reported like shadows and stuttering.

Having both R9 390 in Xfire and a single R9 270X in two rigs. But one fatal problem killing my R9 270X was a really bad experience.

After my dead R9 270X, I got an Asus Strix 980Ti (while waiting for the RX480) just to try out the Green. Experience with it is really very very pleasant.

Sold it after using for a month after the RX 480 launch.

Still waiting to buy a replacement gpu for the dead R9 270X. Feedback on the reference RX 480 wasn't great. I have always buy 3rd party AMD gpu only from Asus (thu more expensive). Still waiting for Asus Strix Rx 480 to arrive. But contemplating on the Asus Strix 1060 which is already available here.

As for my Crossfire Asus Strix R9 390, will hope to replace it with the Vegas when it become available next year. Hopefully Vega do not disappoint.

john007

Hello,

Good job the units OS was backed up.

All is restored with RadeonPro mod drivers with custom java scripts and custom VSR scripts.

This unit has 0 Errors and 0 Warnings in the Event Viewer. Go ahead and check your own Event Viewer no doubt you will have errors.

Unit running on an AX1500i.

SOLID 60FPS NO STUTTER AMAZING.

crimson is a joke end of story.