1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 4:13 AM by amdmatt

HD 5970 - Computer freezes ingame

poldi1405

Hello, I recently bought a HD 5970 and installed it. I connected it via HDMI to my Full HD Display. It looks completely odd (a bit more like SD than HD). But that's not the real problem: it freezes the computer so it only works after force-restarting it. I already encountered this problem with the following games:

• Fallout 3 GotY
      • FO New Vegas
      • Hitman
      • Hitman Absolution
      • Payday 2

Some other games like Guild Wars 2 are working fine. Anyone knows how to solve this? Btw: the newest drivers are installed.

• Re: HD 5970 - Computer freezes ingame
          amdmatt

Change your pixel format. If you use Crimson 16.2.1 below, it is found under Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

The HD5xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.