7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 8:35 AM by gil80

Event ID 16387 ATIeRecord

faith606

Keep getting this error in event viewer.It is the only error that I get and have been getting it for a few driver releases now.On windows 10 64 bit and 16.7.3 WHQL drivers.Using a r7 265 gpu.

• Re: Event ID 16387 ATIeRecord
          amdmatt

We'd like to help, please provide the following information and a screenshot of the error.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

faith606

Sapphire R7 265

Desktop PC

Windows 10 64 bit

Driver Installed 16.7.3 WHQL(does it on older drivers aswell...started I think around 16.6.1)

CPU AMD FX 6300

RAM 8 GB DDR3

27 inch 1080p 60hz LG monitor connected through HDMI

PSU Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W

Motherboard Asus M5A97 R 2.0 Latest bios

error.jpg

amdmatt

Is your system performing okay aside from this event message?

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.8.1, to see if it resolves the error.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.8.1 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

faith606

Have done pretty much everything you sugested above.Only issue since I started noticing this error in event viewer is a black screen for like 15-20 seconds before getting into windows.Only does it on a startup from shutdown.If I restart the pc the error doesnt show up.Another reason I dont think theres anything wrong with my pc is that I have another pc with an amd athlon 5370 apu that started showing this error aswell after updating the driver from 16.3.2 to 16.7.3.Im getting the issue aswell on 16.8.1 too.Everytime I install drivers I use ddu to clean up first so dont think this is caused by leftovers.Im not the only one receiving this error since theres posts on guru3d forum aswell of ppl getting this starting around 16.6.1 driver version.

faith606

Ok issue fixed with the new 16.8.2 hotfix drivers.Nice job and thanks for the help.

lm001

Sorry to dig this one up from the grave, but the exact same event error is being logged again as of driver 18.2.1

I have tried all the abov mentioned fixes to no avail. Hopefully it is the same fix for the driver team...

gil80

I get this error now as well.

Using latest Win10 64, build and AMD 18.3.4 drivers.

I have seen this error more than ever.

Just before this error happens I get EVENT 4101, Display:

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Is there a fix?