4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 6:24 AM by cylx

Fail to colored (white, green, cream, etc.) screen on desktop

cylx

GamersNexus has reported it, but it still was not fixed on 16.8.1. This is the link. http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2536-do-not-use-amd-16-7-3-driver-corruption-and-crashes

It says that one of problems on 16.7.3, "Fail to colored (white, green, cream, etc.) screen on desktop. Complete system lock that requires hard reboot to recover."

I also encountered the bug. It seems that it only happened when gpu load was low. Once happened, I must shutdown by pressing power button, and then press again to start, but diplpay has no signal input, although the led indicated that the system is working. I must shutdown system again by pressing power button, and then press again to start, this time I will enter windows login screen successfully.

I found a temporary solution----make a media player playing video muted on background.

So have AMD engineers confirmed this issue? If you need further detailed information, let me know.

My environment:

Windows 10 Home Edition 14393.10

Sapphire RX 470 Nitro 4GB

ASROCK Z170 GAMING ITX/AC

ViewSonic VX2475Smhl-4K connect via Displayport cable, as well as HDMI cable

Crimson 16.7.3 and 16.8.1