7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2016 2:52 AM by ozzyz

I have fps drops when i leftclick and when scrolling

ozzyz

Hello everyone,

As i stated in title, i have masive fps drops when i leftclick and when i scroll. I just instaled windows 10 a fiew days ago, and it automaticly instaled some drivers on my laptop, so it was ready to play games. I played League of Legends and Stronghold Crusader mainly and it ran normaly with steady 60 fps, but yesterday i downloaded Chivalry Medieval Warfare, on whitch i had a really low FPS even tho settings were for the lowest possible configuration, so i decided to check if the graphic driver is up to date (withc wasn't), and downloaded Radeon Crimson 16.7.3, instaled it, configured Radeon Settings, and I was ready for gaming once again. I started Chivalry and i had 40-60 fps and everything was good until i used leftclick and scroll down and scroll up(whitch is used for attacking), when ever i leftclicked or scrolled  i would get a fps drop to 2-15 fps for a second...It's like whole game freezes for a second whenever i click or scroll. Then later i tried to play other games(withch ran with constantly 60 fps and no lag) and noticed that in all of them as sometimes in other programs i use on my laptop, same problem occurs, when i leftclick or scrol, everything freezes for a second and then goes to normal untill the next click or scroll. I would appriciate verry much if someone can help me resolve this problem  because it is frustrating as hell.

NOTE: When using rightclick nothing freezes, in LoL and Crusader where the most thigs is done with right click, there was no spikes or drops when rightclicking, same goes for chivalry, no fps dropps when rightclicking

NOTE 2: I uninstaled xbox app that comes with win10, because there were some word it can cause a problem that i described, but even so, the problem remains.

• Re: I have fps drops when i leftclick and when scrolling
          amdmatt

We'd like to help, please provide more information.

ozzyz

The laptop model is  HP 15-af008nm with specifications:
              Processor: AMD A8-7410 2.2GHz (Turbo 2.7GHz, 2MB cache, 4 cores)

Memory: 4GB 1600MHz DDR3L

Hard disck: 1TB SATA 5400rpmGraphics: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics + AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB

If you need more information, you will have to tell me exactly what do you need(I am new to this forum help thing and don't know what should i provide)

amdmatt

Apologies i meant to include a link in my previous post, but you provided enough information anyway.

I'd recommend a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest drivers to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.8.1 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

ozzyz

Thnak you for the help, but non of the  steps made it better, Windows self check found some corrupted files and repaired them, but the problem is still there, then i reinstaled netframework and  visual c++, the lag is still there. And then i booted into safe mode, ran the DDU, instaled Crimson 16.8.1 driver and now the computer doesn't even recognise the graphics card and i can't open radeon settings, it even says on the driver's download page that 16.8.1 is not to be instaled on an APU and I think that you maybe didn't take in consideration that i got A8-7410 APU processor. If you have more ideas, i am open to them but i will try instalig 16.7.3 again and then instal 16.8.1 over it (without running the DDU after instaling 16.7.3).