AnsweredAssumed Answered

Eyefinity driver crash at Windows 10 anniversary edition

Question asked by kleitus on Aug 9, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 by amdmatt

Hi AMD,

Ever since Windows 10 has been updated to the new "Anniversary Edition", I have very limited success with my Eyefinity setup.

It is extremely unstable, and if I run games in windowed fullscreen the driver will crash completely every time I alt-tab another window in front or I even adjust volume (where the windows volume overlay is shown). This is regardless of game, and the driver will also crash frequently without alt-tab'ing to another program.

Also, when I exit a game, my left screen will remain black until I somehow manage to disable Eyefinity again, at which point it will return to normal 3-screen setup. I can then re-enable Eyefinity and start over.

My setup is PLP setup witn 20"+30"+20" running 4960x1600 on a R9 Nano graphics card. This has worked flawlessly for over half a year now, until Windows 10 was updated to the new edition, so please look into if Microsoft has changes something in the handling of the overlay and fix it in your drivers.

I am always on latest driver version and have just updated to 16.8.1 but the crash is still there.

This is a huge bug for me, so please fix it.

Outcomes