Really need help with this as soon as possible thank you
Just my luck I'm not joking around this is real problem. There's nothing wrong with my display port on r9 290. I plugged in port firmly secure so I don't understand. People are not helping me so no luck. I assume it could be a problem with my monitor or drivers not my graphics card!
Try these troubleshooting actions:
- download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) here is the link: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.104.22.168
- re-seat your GPU in PCI-E x16 slot.
- run DDU 22.214.171.124 and select "Safe Mode" from the drop down box. DDU will restart your computer and load windows in Safe Mode. In DDU, select "Remove drivers and restart" option. Once your system restarts, download the latest version of Crimson drivers from AMD. Now install the new Crimson drivers.
- swap out your cable with a new cable (don't troubleshoot with old display cables) if you are using DisplayPort, swap out your DisplayPort cable for a good quality VESA certified DisplayPort 1.2 cable. I currently use this one, ordered from Amazon:
Accell B142C-003B UltraAV DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Cable with Latches - 3.3 Feet (1 Meter)
- if you know someone that has a monitor with DisplayPort 1.2, try connecting your computer to their monitor. Check to see if it is working correctly on their DisplayPort 1.2
- if you have access to a different GPU with DisplayPort 1.2, try swapping out with that GPU. Check if it is a GPU problem.
I saw mixed reviews on that display port cable so I went with this one instead.