3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 1:32 PM by amdmatt

Can't run Ark on R9 M275 with Crimson driver- tried a variety of tweaks to Ark, no results.

schwannsee24

I have a Lenovo Y40-70 that I'm trying to run Ark on. Brother in Law helped me do some tweaking and troubleshooting, including dialing graphics way down, but I can't get past the loading screen. Last piece of advice that he found was to try an older driver, but I don't know where to find that.

• Re: Can't run Ark on R9 M275 with Crimson driver- tried a variety of tweaks to Ark, no results.
            schwannsee24

My apologies, I didn't see the requirements! Thanks for the link, I've added the info below.
            Graphics Card is a R9 M275X

Laptop is Lenovo Y40-70

Operating System is Windows 10 64 bit

Driver version is latest Crimson

Display is laptop's integral monitor.

Motherboard- don't know

Cpu is Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4510U / 2 GHz

Power supply-

• Voltage Provided

20 V

• Power Provided

90 Watt

• Nominal Voltage

AC 120/230 V

• Frequency Required

50/60 Hz

RAM- 8 GB ( 1 x 8 GB )

Issue:
            When firing up Ark, the game crashes either during load, or once, after 5 minutes of not being able to perform any action. The error message is that my graphics have crashed and I should update drivers. I went to amd's site and updated to Crimson. Tried dialing the resolution down, tried optimizing through Radeon interface, and tried a couple of tweaks including changing the full screen size. Game continues to crash.

• Re: Can't run Ark on R9 M275 with Crimson driver- tried a variety of tweaks to Ark, no results.
                amdmatt

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest Crimson drivers, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.8.1 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue the crashing stops.