3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 11:17 AM by kingfish

Crimson edition 16.7.3 failed on amd radeon hd 7970m!!!!

shrimpbusket

vhi guys. im having troubles installing working drivers for my clevo gaming laptop with amd radeon hd 7970m gpu. after clean install of windows 7 i installed the driver from the sager website. it worked untill i decided to update drivers to the latest vershi guys. im having troubles installing working drivers for my clevo gaming laptop with amd radeon hd 7970m gpu. after clean install of windows 7 i installed the driver from the sager website. it worked untill i decided to update drivers to the latest version which is crimson edition 16.7.3. it says that gpu is not configured or not installed properly or not working properly. what can i do here? help please

• Re: Crimson edition 16.7.3 failed on amd radeon hd 7970m!!!!
            shrimpbusket

Intel i7 3rd gen

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 2:02 AM, kingfish<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:  

|

Community 

Crimson edition 16.7.3 failed on amd radeon hd 7970m!!!!

in Drivers & Software 

What processor / APU?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• Re: Crimson edition 16.7.3 failed on amd radeon hd 7970m!!!!
                kingfish

No current AMD driver will install and perform properly if the Win7 OS is not fully updated. This includes not only SP1, but the required 'optional' updates such as the .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. So that is the first thing to check...Windows Update.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop. > Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.