3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 6:52 PM by goodplay

Powercolor PCS Radeon R9 380 4GB won't send signal to any monitor.

bifte13

Hello there! I have recently bought the forementioned GPU to change from my previous NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 and I am at the verge of insanity because nothing that I have tried so far works.

The issue: I connect the GPU to my PCI-e 2.0 slot (I know that it requires a 3.0 but as far as I read online there is no significant impact to the usage of the GPU, just a slight performance loss), I plug the 2x 6-pin cables on it, I connect it to the monitor through DVI and when I boot up the PC, everything seems to be functioning but the monitor has no signal and stays off. No BIOS boot up info either. The GPU fans start spinning but after a while they both stop and then they seem to be spinning in turns (one at a time with a 2 second windown in between). When I connect through the on board's GPU everything is working, both GPUs are shown in Device Management so all good. It s just when I try to connect through the R9 that I have the monitor issue. To verify that it is not the monitor or the cable that is faulty, I have also tried to connect it to my TV through HDMI cable and still I had no signal.

My specs:

Mobo: ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
      CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50GHz
      Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3
      OnBoard Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 3000
      PSU: CoolerMaster RS-500-ACAB-B1 500w (bought 2 days ago)
      BIOS Ver.: 960GM-VGS3 FX L1.41

What I have tried so far:

-Latest driver downloaded
      -Deactivating the on board graphics in case of conflict

-Setting PCI-e as primary display adapter on BIOS
      -Rolling back to the 15.11.1 (or sth like that) Catalyst driver that I saw multiple times mentioned in other threads
      -As mentioned before, connecting to my TV
      -Clean format

Could it be the PCI-e 2.0 causing the problem?
      Insufficient PSU power supply?
      Different version of BIOS?

Any help would be appreciated because I am no pc pro and my knowledge can only go so far