So I'm having a rather irritating problem regarding my 8350 - its clocks stay pinned to 1400MHz, no matter what application is currently running - however, it only does this sporadically. Some days, no matter how many times I restart, the CPU will stay pinned. Other days, it either isn't even a problem or resolves itself within a small amount of time.
First, some system information:
- PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO
- MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming
- CPU: AMD FX-8350
- GPU: MSI R9 380
- RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury, @1886MHz
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO
- Case/Fans: Phanteks Ethoo Pro w/5 fans
- OS: Win10/7 (SSD & HDD, respectively)
And some troubleshooting information:
- My power plan is currently tuned for performance.
- According to various hardware diagnostic programs, my CPU isn't overheating (though we can never be certain thanks to AMD's algorithm-based temp monitoring).
- AMD Cool N' Quiet is enabled.
- Target CPU frequencies are correctly displayed in the BIOS.
- This processor has not seen any overclocking of any kind, besides turbo boost.
Any thoughts? My clock speed information was obtained from HWiNFO64.