1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2016 1:55 AM by amdmatt

New Member, Longtime AMD User, Hate being left in moderation queue.

crosis

New poster here, had an issue (that appears to be software related) and figured "Why not take it to the AMD Forums". Love to see that as a new user I am moderated into oblivion (sarcasm), a post I created over 6 hours ago is still awaiting approval, but plenty of posts have been created by other members in that time.
      Its amazing that I actually posted and followed the guidelines (to the best of my knowledge) for a ticket post, just to sit here twiddling my thumbs. (Its just like calling an actual Technical Support Line, spend hours on hold just to give up and figure out the solution on your own or buy something else that works from a competitor)

Forum moderation tactics need to be looked into, posters coming here with issues looking to get help with critical systems are being left in an apocalyptic wasteland waiting for signs of life.

I can honestly say my experience here thus far has made me question my choice in AMD products, makes me wonder how many other (or potential) customers have been lost for the same or similar reasons?
      What is the SLA for moderators to approve tickets?

• Re: New Member, Longtime AMD User, Hate being left in moderation queue.
          amdmatt

We moderate all new users because we are constantly under attack from spambots posting obscene material, so we have to filter it out to make sure it doesn't reach the forum and our customers. As a result you have to make a certain amount of posts, earning a certain amount of points, before your posts no longer need to be approved. This is purely to combat the spam and obscene material that would otherwise infect the support forums.

Monday to Friday we have several moderators actively checking and approving new posts throughout the day consistently. On weekends there may be a slight delay in approving new posts, but we still check the forums at least several times a day on the weekend.

I approved your post before i went to bed last night, you can find it here.

Unable to disable Crossfile 16.7.3