6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2016 3:04 AM by codygman

rx 480 FPS problems

marauder_xxx

I just purchased new MSI RX 480 and have weird problem - i got 30 fps in a lot of games like GTA 5, Dark souls 2-3, MK X, Borderlands etc. New games and also prety old, so its not about performance i think. Looks like its locked by some reason, I truned off fps lock and Vsync in radeon settings - and there was no effect at all, i still have 30 fps in games. In the same time i have no rpoblems with fps in ARK, CS GO and Rust, there is everyting ok.

What could be a reason of this weird lock? I have not so good CPU - A8 6600k, but its NOT bottleneck, cause with my old card r7 370 everything was great i haad more then 40 fps in Dark souls 3, and stable 60 fps in dark souls 2 for example. But now its 30fps maximum.

• Re: rx 480 FPS problems
          marauder_xxx

oh and i have windows 7 if it matters

conqueror

Hmmm. i also have RX480 and it's working fine. the only thing i suggest you is the revert everything in Crimson setting to default, reboot and try. just change temps and fan range.

As you said that u had more fps means it's not your monitor support, the only thing i can think of it is what i just said, if doesn't help try to uninstall AMD driver and install 16.7.2 the previous version because the current one kinda bugged.

What PSU do you have ?

Windows doesn't matter, i also have win7 64bit

marauder_xxx

i was "playing" with settings in crimson for a couple of hours but nothing works. i also tried to install old drivers 16.7.2 and even 16.6.2 - still had this problem. I have 500w should be enough for that card.

I just realised that the problem is Vsync probably. it locks my fps to 30 in games if its on. But it was okay before, so i still don't understand why now i have this problem. Also some games like Dark Souls - dont have Vsync on settings, and its on, even if i try to turn it off in raden settings.

conqueror

Well, i assure it's not vsync problem. when it's disabled in Radeon setting and in game it's doesn't work, even if it does it may be a bug with 1 game.

there something left you can check in the GPU bios, i don't know how to do that so you need official answer, might be something els, check the monitor settings maybe something changed in there.

I've so say.. your problem is so weird.

noodles59

Is your GPU running @ x16 mode? check with GPU-Z

... and again watch the GPU temperature under load (throttling)

1 of 1 people found this helpful