5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 1:36 PM by alfonso

Using MST, 2 of 3 monitors go black on Neflix

alfonso

Hello!

I am using Startech MSTDP123DP for 3 monitor Eyefinity setup.

DisplayPort 1.2 MST Hub | Video Splitters | StarTech.com Canada

and graphic card is HD7870.

HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 | Graphics Cards | ASUS Global

About a month ago, I tried to watch Netflix on my computer, found 2 of 3 monitor went black. I contacted Startech first, they were not able to duplicate the problem.

During my extensive testing, more than 30 times(I didn't really count), I had "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (atikmdag.sys)" error in blue screen a couple times.

Answers I found on Google said AMD driver related issue. Today, I decided to try complete uninstall-reinstall of AMD driver.

But before I reinstall the drive again, and old driver was already uninstalled, I got curious, ran Neflix video first. It worked fine ;D

So it is driver issue...

My question is if there is stable version of driver for HD7800 series.

Thanks!

*edit: added more information

Radeon Crimson version 16.7.3 <- downloaded minimal setup

I was using Firefox 64bit 47.0 and updated it to 48.0, result stayed the same.

I also updated Google Chrome to 52.0.2743.116 m 64bit(don't remember previous version number), two monitors still go off but came back on after a couple seconds.

So this one has an improvement.

• Re: Using MST, 2 of 3 monitors go black on Neflix
          amdmatt

Which driver version are you currently using? What OS are you using? Need more information please.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

amdmatt

Try a system clean up and a fresh install of our latest drivers.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.8.1 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

alfonso

Thanks for the instruction.

I tried this and SFC scanning completed without finding anything. I have .Net Framwork 4.x.x and Visual C++ 2013 installed. I found that I had a big amount of Windows update and that is done.

Here, I was wondering if old Catalyst driver could do better, installed 15.7.1 win10 64x, monitors went black upon starting Neflix video on both Firefox and Chrome.

I used DDU to uninstall the Catalyst and installed Crimson 16.8.2 win10 64x, the final result is the same as before. If I play Neflix on Chrome, monitors go black for a couple seconds then come back to normal.

This happens only on Netflix. Other video streaming services works just fine. So it is really strange issue