4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 2:00 PM by dj1507

Help. Can't install AMD (AMD 8750M) Drivers Windows 10 (x64 Pro) Black Screen After Driver Installation and laptop freeze mwhen trying to install driver.

kronimx

It all started after i decided to update to windows 10. Everything went normal on the installation process of the O.S, as soon as i finished i wanted to install the newest drivers for my card, my card is an AMD 8750M (+Intel i5 4200u). I downloaded the driver i started the setup, but it got stuck in the installing display driver part. After an hour of waiting i decided to reboot my laptop and see what the problem is but surprise screen went black after the loading logo, no cursor, no nothing, so i used the windows 10 restore to install windows 10 again. Now im stuck with the microsoft amd driver because i cant install the good one. For some games it uses my dedicated graphic card, but for other games i doesnt so i need to use the catalyst control center to enable the high performance mode. Can anybody help me? Does somebody have a fix for this?

• Re: Help. Can't install AMD (AMD 8750M) Drivers Windows 10 (x64 Pro) Black Screen After Driver Installation and laptop freeze mwhen trying to install driver.

have write this before:

I have had the same issue with win 10 14.939.10 64x Pro

8750m

I tested some ways. Crasched sometimes at 16% installation or 33 % by flickering

Shutdown Computer dont help Black Screen and System hang on...

i have found a way for me to solve it, but the Driver dont fixed other issues that i have sience Win 10

Try this, donwlaod Amd Clean UP Utility (its alway in the install Folder)

Execute it, restart.

in System Manager / Hardware Manager show that the Videocard is not installed (yellow) if installed Automaticly try Uninstall with Right klick and uninstall with Software Checkbox

Win 10 must up to date, but Videocard not installed.

Than Downlaod / extrakt Crimson 1.6.7.1 install it normal way with all but Uncheck the "automaticly install drivers"

after installing Restart than Downlaod /extract 1.6.7.3 install it as Upgrade (not uninsatll 1.6.7.1)

make sure that "automatic install drivers" is unchecked (i make that cuz some drivers give me bad fps)

Now no Crash at install or Black Screen at Starting Windows for me.

But have not Full Screen sience Windows 10 build 10240 on Dirt Rally with my VGA monitor on Laptop , CSGO work only in Windowed FS mode with my Vga Monitor but only 1680x1050 (win7 give me Full HD 1920...)

If u have a Running louder Fan or 0.80V power in Desktop (if the Gpu dont turned off in 2D) close the Rapter and Plays Tv App in Windwos Task (need Configured in Catalyst/crimson that Energy is on loweer mode for this app but for Recording it needs Balanced mode i think)

By a Restore Cuz the "update" was an upgrade from Microsoft

Question::

have u Disable Signed Drivers (not in cmd) in Safe Mode? have a look to Disable Windwos automatic downlaod and installing Drivers by Windows Update?

I have make a Systemrestore, and become unstable System with Hang on by installing 16.7.3

After uninstalling in Safe mode, i try to disable Signed Driver, in cmd it dont work with new System w10(Premissions)

i disabled service and have a look on gpedit.msc ...try to disable that WIndwos Update installing self Driver Updates for Devices (u must know what u have to install...)

Disable in Hardware Options the "Validiate" and u can choose the driver self and than installing the Software (this must i do for new intel mGpu drivers)

THis helped me after System Restore W10 14939_10

But i must go about 1.6.7.1 non WHQL (not install First the WHQL 1.6.7.3 this give me Error and problemms with Microsoft Signed Drivers...) and over it i Upgrade to 1.6.7.3 and Uncheck Automatic Installed drivers.

• Re: Help. Can't install AMD (AMD 8750M) Drivers Windows 10 (x64 Pro) Black Screen After Driver Installation and laptop freeze mwhen trying to install driver.
            kyriee

i have the same problem with my laptop Lenovo G510 (R7 m265) which is the same as your graphic card i had to reinstall the OS multiple times (win10) trying to install the driver but i still don't find a way to do it . it  always freezes when installing the amd driver settings at 55% i can't even move the mouse so i have to restart the laptop and when i do i get a black screen which lead me to reinstall the OS , i have to point out that happened to me after the windows 10 anniversary update.

keste1995

I have the same problem. If I install any other windows, its ok, buth windows 10 anyversiry edition is broken. Cant install any AMD drivers, PC will hang, restart wont hepl, only reinstall of OS