2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 4:58 AM by glb85

R9 Fury X Displayports suddenly stopped working

glb85

Earlier tonight, while I was sat in front of my pc reading something, 2 of my monitors plugged in via the displayports (using dp to vga adaptors) suddenly went blank and gave the "Signal Lost" logo. My 3rd monitor (which is actually a TV) which is plugged in via hdmi still works fine. I have restarted my pc and tried the other displayport, however my pc simply doesn't recognize any other monitors as being plugged in except via hdmi. I haven't tried any other dp to vga adaptors as I don't have any to hand, however I have just ordered 2 new ones on the off chance it is them. However I find it unlikely that both adaptors just happened to stop working at the same time, I also find it unlikely that all 3 of the displayports on the card would fail at exactly the same time, but the hdmi port is still perfectly fine. Anyone have any ideas? As it says in the title the card is an R9 Fury X and it's running the latest crimson drivers 16.7.3 and is not overclocked. One monitor is an LG 23MP65 IPS monitor and the other is a Phillips 190WV. If anyone needs any more info then please ask.

Cheers

• Re: R9 Fury X Displayports suddenly stopped working
          amdmatt

VGA is not natively supported on the Fury X, so it is most likely the adapters or a compatibility issue. Why they suddenly stopped working is anyone's guess, and you can try other adapters DP-VGA to rule out faulty adapters. The other option is to try an older/previous driver.

I suspect if you were to test the DP connections using a DP - DP connection, they would work fine.

• Re: R9 Fury X Displayports suddenly stopped working
              glb85

Yeah, I doubt it's the ports themselves, just odd that they've both worked fine for 8-9 months and both suddenly stop working at the exact same time. I have 2 new adaptors coming so hopefully it will just be those. Will try rolling back the drivers. Official support said that Windows update may have caused a compatibility issue as well, so going to try rolling that back also. I doubt it's hardware related (hopefully) with both going at the exact same time and all 3 dp ports having the same issue. To be honest I want to upgrade my monitors to dp native ones, I just don't have the money at the moment and probably won't till after my holiday and Christmas, so will probably be early next year when I get chance to upgrade, just hoping I can get all of my monitors back working before then! Lol.

Cheers