1 of 1 people found this helpful
[SYSTEM SPECS AT BOTTOM]
I also have the same problem. I can't seem to install the latest version of Crimson Software on my laptop. Windows just released its Anniversary Update, version 1607 (Redstone 1).
I decided to update my laptop to that version, and do a fresh install of Windows (my laptop was getting cluttery anyways). Everything's fine, except that whenever I try to install The latest Crimson Edition for my laptop (file name is: radeon-crimson-16.7.3-win10-64bit), it hangs on the install. On my last attempt, I waited for more than 2 hours when it hanged, hoping it would recover, but it really didn't. However, the Catalyst drivers installed no problem (file name is: amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit).
Here's the list of things that I've done, but all failed.
1. From Catalyst 15.7.1 Control Center - Press the Check for Updates. It downloaded and nothing happened.
2. From Catalyst 15.7.1 - went to AMD site and downloaded autodetectutility.exe. The executable correctly identified the display driver. Downloaded the file. After downloading, installed. Hangs.
3. From Catalyst 15.7.1 - went to AMD site and manually searched for my driver. Found radeon-crimson-16.7.3-win10-64bit as the appropriate driver. Downloaded and proceeded with install. Hangs.
4. Uninstalled Catalyst 15.7.1 - using Device Manager. Restarted computer. Ran the radeon-crimson-16.7.3-win10-64bit file. Hangs.
5. Reinstalled Catalyst 15.7.1 - then uninstalled using AMD Cleanup Utility. Cleaned registry using CCleaner for good measure. Restarted. Ran the radeon-crimson-16.7.3-win10-64bit file. Still hangs.
Crimson Edition was working flawlessly before I updated Windows. In fact, when I updated my Windows, I didn't do a clean reinstall immediately. I just updated it. Crimson was still working in Windows 1607. Only when I finally did the clean reinstall of Windows, and tried to reinstall my drivers did I encounter this problem. Haven't tried yet RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSON16.1HOTFIX, so I'm going to do it now. It may wound up the same, so I hope you can help me on this. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me fix this and find out why it always hangs.
EDIT: The 16.1 Hotfix File works! Will disable automatic updates for AMD until this gets fixed. For now, I'll be using an older version of Crimson until further notice.
Laptop Model: Lenovo G510
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Intel HD Graphics 4600 & AMD Radeon R7 M265
HDD: 1 TB
System Type: 64 bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language
Windows Version: 1607
Windows Build: 14393.10
2 of 2 people found this helpful
There is a problem with the 16.7.3 drivers and they are being fixed, so they probably took down the update server to stop people from installing the borked drivers.
Alright, thanks! Though, after installing the older Crimson version, I tried updating from Crimson interface. I didn't choose the latest stable version, I chose the latest beta version. It updated fine, and I'm now running it. Don't know why the beta works and the stable doesn't.
Now my problem is even after i made reinstall it stills not working even i installed older version
I am waiting new radeon crimson version with bug fix.On my computer, i am using driver is by make windows auto update driver.