2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 10:34 AM by dironator

amd display diver installation failed

dironator

i bought the game "just cause 3" the other day and i had some issues with flickering lighting and crashes because my graficcard or the drivers but i am certain the card isn't the problem. so i tried to update my amd drivers and after that it said that it failed to install the display drivers but everything else is fine. no matter what i do. i already tried to use the cleanuputility but that didnt work either. and i tried doing manual installation and i tried the autodetectutility. i can only install a drisplaydriver using my amd driver CD. but i had that before and i cant play this game with that driver. after "just cause" crashes it gives me the following error message:

A fatal error occured in the gaphics driver.

Code:38

Result : 'Device Removed, Reason : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Graphics device stopped

responding. There might be infinite loop in a GPU program.'

Just Cause 3 will now exit.

Any unsaved progress will be lost.

After that i have about 2 seconds of blackscreen and then my computer says that my computer didnt give justcause3.exe the access to the graficscard. can you help me? i searched for hours for a solution in the internet and asked many forum before bot noone could help. maybe you can help me.

thanks for your support

edit:

Betriebsystemname    Microsoft Windows 8.1

Version   6.3.9600 Build 9600

Betriebsystemhersteller    Microsoft Corporation

Systemhersteller    MSI

Systemmodell    MS-7816

Systemtyp    x64-basierter PC

System-SKU   To be filled by O.E.M.

Prozessor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 4 logische(r) Prozessor(en)

BIOS-Version/-Datum    American Megatrends Inc. V10.6, 18.07.2014

SMBIOS-Version   2.8

Version des eingebetteten Controllers    255.255

Hauptplatinenhersteller    MSI

Hauptplatinenmodell    Nicht verfügbar

Hauptplatinenname    Hauptplatine

Plattformrolle   Desktop

sorry its mostly in german but i marked the (hopefully) helpful information

and game settings i turned most of it all the way to the lowest settings but that didn't change anything

Nachricht geändert durch Dirk Reher