1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 6:14 AM by amdmatt

Radeon Settings tabs are missing, and other issues

gazpachin

Hello.

I connected my laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable and I realized that the borders were hidden. After searching on the internet I saw that I needed to scale the screen on the graphic card's settings. The problem is that almost all of the tabs were missing from the Catalyst, and I couldn't even toggle the Advanced Settings on because that option just plain didn't exist. Then I tried installing a newer version of the controller. I downloaded the latest version, I uninstalled all the AMD drivers using DDU in safe mode (+clearing the registry with CClean) and intalled the complete pack. The controller now shows a completely different UI, but it's still missing all the settings. The only available tab is Gaming, which has proven to be completely useless.

What's worse. Before I reinstalled the drivers the graphic card used to spontaneously crash when I used Photoshop, blacking out the screen for a few seconds, but that was just a minor issue (that I never cared to fix and that in retrospect it may be the source of these problems??). Now Photoshop just straight shuts down when I'm using it. AMD Gaming Evolved constantly notifies me that there's a new version of the drivers (16.7.3) and links me to the page where I downloaded the drivers in the first place! In fact, if I check for updates on AMD Radeon Settings it tells me my Radeon Software is up to date (because I obviously have 16.7.3 installed already).

AMD Autodetect Utility, the tool that checks your drivers and upgrades them, also tells me my drivers are completely updated. It's worth noting that before manually installing the newest drivers I also used the tool, and it could install everything except for the controller.

System:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD Radeon R7 M260
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23G
      • Operating System
        • Windows 8.1 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3
      • Display Devices
        • Panasonic model unknown but not entirely relevant to the question.
      • Motherboard
        • It's hidden for some reason, but the BIOS is INSYDE Corp. 2.00 (????)
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • I'm sorry.
      • RAM
        • 8GB

shit.PNG

This image shows the complete lack of settings that I can(not) access.