1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 6:00 AM by amdmatt

R7 260x flickering issue

wutu91

Hi Guys,

I've been having issues with my GPU ever since i bought it in late 2014. And now it seems time for me to ask some questions. I've tried everything from reinstalling drivers, windows and games. But the issue seems to continue happening and getting worse over time. It seems to me that it's a hardware issue. I will attach two links of video's i just shot that clarifies the issues that I'm having. next to this, counter strike just crashes and windows seems to flicker every now and then.

I'd like to know if there is a solution to this problem or if the GPU is just crap and I should buy a new (non AMD) one.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

Videos of the issue (this is almost constant while I'm playing hearthstone - GPU temperature steady around 45C)

https://goo.gl/photos/8rrCySVW4baBuAXF7

https://goo.gl/photos/tf7h5Hw4VoikH9Dc7

Specs:

CPU Intel Pentium E6300

MOBO Asus P5G41TD-M Pro

DDR Corsair Value Select 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - niet-gebufferd - niet-ECC

MSI R7 260X 2GD5 OC (nieuw gekocht september 2014 en erg weinig gebruikt)

AMD DRIVER 16.7.3

Kingston SSDNow V300

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003

• Re: R7 260x flickering issue
          amdmatt

Based on what you have described above, it does sound like it could indicate a faulty GPU. I presume this flickering is present over all games?

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.7.3, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.3 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.