3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2016 6:08 AM by afterlife

Legacy AMD Radeon 5800 HD Windows 10 Driver Question

reberclark

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit - not a clean install of Windows 10.

I was (in Windows 7) and am currently (in Windows 10) using Driver Version 15.201.1151 and my Catalyst reports the driver is up to date.

I see a Driver Version 15.7.1 on the AMD site for my card series (Radeon 5800).

Should I install the new driver?

Thanks for all info.

• Re: Legacy AMD Radeon 5800 HD Windows 10 Driver Question
          amdpete

The 15.7.1 are a little bit newer so you can if you want.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            amdmatt

I wouldn't update the drivers unless you are having problems with your current drivers, or are looking for extra performance in games.

That said if you do want to update, the last drivers available for your legacy product are:

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The latest Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

afterlife

If you don't have any performance or stability issues then you can skip the update. There are also unofficial (modded) Crimson drivers 16.101.2901.1001 which are newer than the official 16.2.1 drivers. Personally I don't see any difference between these two on my 6850 card but I haven't tried any games.

Also D3D11 capabilities are disabled in Chrome if you run anything higher than a 15.6 beta driver, so if you want a minor performance boost you need to install 16.2.1. But they have broken OpenCL so if you need that you gonna have to swap some DLLs from the older drivers. Just a typical AMD DIY driver