1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 2:16 PM by maxhardy

Black Screen after boot

reso1388

Hello,

Ive got a problem and it looks like its the graphic driver. It all started yesterday, i started counter strike global offensive (like i did several times bevore) then my pc froze a blue screen appeart and i had to restart the pc.

When i restarted the PC everything seemed fine until the Windows Login Screen should appear, my screen turned black (also no mouse arrow) and i wasnt able to do anything instead of rebooting.

I was able to open the save mode. Everything in save mode worked fine, sfc /scannow showed no problem but i wasnt able to start the pc in normal mode anymore.

So i decided to reinstall windows, everything was fine, reboot was working until i installed the Radeon Software Crimson Edition Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 7 64-Bit.

My system :

CPU : AMD Phenom ll X4 3,4 GHz

Grafic : Radeon R9 270x

Ram : 6 GB

Installed Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Ive used anti malware and antivir tools, also did a "clean" uninstall of the amd driver

I havent done any changes on my system, no new tools , no ne hardware nothing. so ive no clue why i get this black screen after installing the amd driver. Im trying to fix it since 12 hours now. Im thankfull for any help and im sorry for my bad english.

yours sincerely Reso

• Re: Black Screen after boot
          maxhardy

My laptop intel i5 not switchable + amd radeon hd 7650m  2GB GPU i update Crimson then issue

started black screen on windows logon. then i clean the hard-disk ,installed new OS windows 8,8.1,10

when i try install any official stock catalyst or crimson ,DDU,amdcleaneruntlity,registry cleaner.

while installing display driver issue with black screen crash and some time mouse is showing flickering .....

i try many driver version not able install stuck or freezing..after only way hard shutdown

then i try uninstall amd display driver on safe mode then it able to login normal with Basic display adapter.

now unable to install any amd display driver for GPU it useless...

i have no found any solution in forums .

finally i find the fix for my laptop  Amd HD 7650M 2GB + i5 intel

a.black screen issue when logon and b.installation black screen

1st try with hdmi / vga connected second monitor then try to install  or try to turn on laptop still issue persists

it a hardware failure gpu dead.try below step it worked for me.

1. need "air heat gun" and "heat thermal paste".

2. disassemble laptop fully.

3.remove heat sink with fan from motherboard clean the fan dust if your have and now able to find chip process and AMD  Gpu in laptop.

4.read the chip which one is GPU and take "air heat gun" blow up-to 5 to 10 min then wait to cool 30 min don't touch chip.

5.put the thermal paste on both intel proccess + amd gpu chip place the heat sink carefully.and assemble your laptop

6. turn on  install any catalyst driver .i have install 15.11 catalyst  (don't install crimson driver it burn your GPU)

and enjoy

it working fine for me...

this very risk i have sony laptop the company is closed . i have no choice to service. i done by myself.

it help someone keep try any dead gpu and black screen issue