50% of the time when I start my computer up, my main monitor gets set to a resolution of 1440x900 when its native resolution is 1920x1080. This has been happening for a very long time now, through multiple different Windows installations.
When the issue occurs, I can sometimes go into Radeon settings and it will automatically detect the correct resolution and fix it. Most of the time it doesn't do this though.
I have tried enabling EDID in the Radeon Additional Settings as well as fiddling with all the options to no avail.
- AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card
- Desktop System
- Windows 10, however issue persisted through Windows 7 & 8.1.
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3
- Display Devices
- Samsung Syncmaster 2333 (should be at 1920x1080) @60Hz, HDMI adapter (graphics card).
- ViewSonic VA1912w, 1440x900 @60Hz, HDMI adapter (motherboard).
- ASUS P8B75-M Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-3570 CPU
- Coolermaster Thunder 600W PSU
- 8GB RAM