1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 1:55 AM by kingfish

Radeon HD 6570 graphics card in a HP pavilion Elite HPE series computer. Diagnostics say the card is functioning properly, but the screen shows columns of hyphens on video and pictures, and severe distortions of any graphics. I have the latest driver fro

thack

I have a Radeon HD 6570 graphics card in a HP pavilion Elite HPE series computer. Diagnostics say the card is functioning properly, but the screen shows columns of hyphens on video and pictures, and severe distortions of any graphics. I have the latest driver from AMD (version 15.201.1151.1008: 4/11/2015) and the problem developed when using windows 7 and remains after upgrading to windows 10. If I use the Microsoft basic adapter driver the problems disappear, however it only allows a low screen resolution. If I upgrade the driver to the AMD and then roll back to the Microsoft driver the higher resolution is retained and all is well. Unfortunately, when the computer is turned off, it reverts to the AMD driver with all the associated problems and I have to upgrade and roll back again to get and acceptable display-time consuming and annoying.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem that seems to be driver-driven?

John