1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 6:44 AM by amdmatt

Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is working worse than 16.7.2

abramjkee

I have a windows 10 64bit and Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330

07/28/2016 I downloaded the Crimson Edition 16.7.3

After that the fan does not respond to heat, not accelerating. Games work normally 15-20 minutes and then begin friezes. And I can not bring back the old version 16.7.2, because the Radeon Settings version 16.7.2 does not see my video card. I reinstalled 16.7.3 and it does not help

The problem is not in my computer. The problem in your driver. 

16.7.2 worked better

And why on the day of release 16.7.3,  AMD Radeon setting 16.7.2 just does not start! I had to urgently look for the problem. I had to quickly download 16.7.3.

• Re: Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is working worse than 16.7.2
          amdmatt

I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of 16.7.2, to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.