4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 3:12 PM by sixtos

How to fix AMD Radeon 6620G Driver Issue - Blown out Images

sixtos

Hi,

Recently I bought a used Pavilion DV6 BeatsAudio Laptop that had been upgraded to Windows 10.  Unfortunately, ever since I've had it, my screen images in any program, including online, are blown out.  Faces are all white and bright.  I'm a photographer, so its very hard to edit anything.  I read online, that there are many that are having driver problems.  I read that you can uninstall driver or go back to an older version.  I did this, and whalla, it worked!  My screen was fine again, but within 1/2 hr, the driver is reinstalled automatically and back to my original problem.  The driver I'm using is 15.201.1151.0 .   I can no longer go back to previous driver, because it's greyed out now.  But my temporary fix is to continuously delete/uninstall driver do some work and when it reinstalls automatically, I will uninstall again.  I do this several times a day.  Is there anything I can do??  By the way,  I'm not a gamer, not that, that matters.  I primarily use my computer for Photography.

• Re: How to fix AMD Radeon 6620G Driver Issue - Blown out Images
          kingfish

We need the exact model of the laptop...there are dozens of DV6's with Beats Audio. I suspect you have a switchable Intel/AMD or a APU graphics setup.  The exact model number of the laptop or... the laptop processor will tell us. If you don't know all that, run Speccy.

sixtos

Hi Kingfish,

Thank you for responding.  Here is my system info:

kingfish

The Apu you have has no driver support from AMD for Win10. You must use the drivers furnished by Microsoft. This is a very basic driver that will allow you to surf the web...but that's about it. To be fully functionable, the laptop should be returned to the OS it was designed for.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
                  • AMD E2-2000 APU
                  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
                  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
                  • AMD C-Series APUs
                  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
                  2. Reboot the system
                  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      sixtos

Thank you so much.  I'll try this.  When you say "will only allow you to surf the web".  What does that mean?  Can I still use photoshop and lightroom to edit my photos and Adobe Pro to edit film?  The only problem with going back to the Original Windows on this computer, is it has the Programs installed on it which were on it when I bought it.  If I'm not mistaking, I will lose all programs if I reinstall Windows.  Right?