8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 4:21 AM by max0x7ba

16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL Mantle & GCN1.3 [Battlefield Hardline]

fujiyama-95

EDIT : The Stuttering that everybody with an R9 380 or GCN1.3 cards prob won't get solved. AMD doesn't even acknowledge the issue in their patch notes, always bringing up just the crashing. Let alone their false advertisement campaign and shamelessly advertised an API as Battle-Ready with Hardline and doesn't even work. So sad, guess RIP Mantle. The team obviously doesn't care about it.  Sure they will fix the crashing that happens with Mantle for their already battle-ready cards but not us GCN1,3 guys.. we will still have the stuttering...Just goes to show what kind of company AMD is.... I'd rather buy from them too that's the sad part instead of NVIDIA..

Hi after using 16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL Mantle driver, in Battlefield Hardline the performance for FPS is insanely good but it crashes. Please fix i am using an R9 380. so whatever you guys are doing in the latest driver is awesome for mantle but like many many others have been saying for the past year, it crashes !!!!

• Re: 16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL Mantle [Battlefield Hardline]
          amdmatt

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently investigating crashes under Mantle and it appears in the known issues section of our release notes. In the meantime you can use DX11 which should work without crashing.

fujiyama-95

look man you told me that one year ago. how long are you going to keep saying that ? You do realize the R9 380 Mantle does not work with anything right ? Crashing immediately after the first map is finished and playing on the second map. This has been a known issue for one year and you tell me you can't fix this ?? In the meantime guess what matt, I didn't spend all this money to use DX11. I spent it so i can livestream while using Mantle because of the cpu-load is easy. Don't tell me to use an API that i didn't spend over 200 $ for when I bought your card for your API. Stop telling me to use DX11 and come out with a ******** driver fix for something you advertised for. Stop saying you guys know and are working on it for the past year man! this is unacceptable and really surprised no law suit has been filed for false advertising. You advertised Hardline with Mantle with the R9 380s, it's on your SITE. Where the hell is my support at ?? Stop giving me this work around crap because you guys didn't do your job and you took our money and ran.

fujiyama-95

You do realize everytime Mantle crashes my GPU driver crashes right ? You think that's okay man ? You guys sold this product with this API with Battlefield Hardline, and nothing works for it. Zero, all of these fixes are for other cards and not the 380. I don't know what you guys are doing, or how you guys live with yourselves even. Listen to the customers but don't do anything for them and just take their money. I'm so sick of this crap. You know who I am, i've had this issue for a year to this MONTH. Still no fix, i hope you realize the issue here. Deleting Cache files don't fix anything and still crashes my game AND my gpu driver so i have to restart my whole PC everytime. I've tested all of the drivers with Mantle files and tried them all. You guys sold us a broken product with no support. 790e7ad0772ac7c92f24d99c14a037a2.png

amdmatt

It's a bug and we're working on fixing it, apologies for any inconvenience caused. When it's fixed we'll make sure to mention it in the Resolved Issues section of a future Crimson driver.

release notes:

Known Issues

• Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
                        fujiyama-95

how many more months are going to go by until we see this fix ? by the time you fix it guess what!?! Hardline will probably be dead.

fujiyama-95

I'm also using the R9300 Fiji v2 Driver and still issue, so you guys didn't even have Mantle working for the r9 380 and still advertised it. Great now let's wait a year and some change for a bugfix...... Good to know you guys are more then happy to take our money when you know there's a bug and still havn't fixed it before even advertising it.

Sorry Matt i know this has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the company you work for. I'm just beyond upset at AMD, this is just unacceptable and in your guy's own words "Never settle for anything less than AMD Radeon R9 Series Graphics" But yet you guys never had it working. I refuse to use the DX11 workaround you guys keep saying in the notes. I'm taking your word to the grave. Just following your guy's words in the advertisement and holding it you.

fujiyama-95

You should ask the engineers at AMD or guys at DICE/EA to see if they can just get Cache files to be deleted or cleared after every game in Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline and I believe the problem will be fixed. This has to be done for the R9 380-Mantle to work period. Also 16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL was a step backwards for Mantle atleast for R9 380. I get way better peformance using older Fuji v2 Drivers and near that date then this newer one. The only improvement I saw with this one was the FPS would stay really high and never fluctant but only would be up and running for a few seconds or one minute then crash. So for R9 380 just continue from the Fiji v2 Driver please.

16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL

• Re: 16.300.2201-July-7-WHQL Mantle & GCN1.3 [Battlefield Hardline]
                              max0x7ba

Driver 16.9.1 fixed visual artefacts in Battlefield 4 Mantle for me.

1 of 1 people found this helpful