Edit1: **Could a moderator mark this as unanswered still? I accidentally clicked the answered button, even though it clearly is not.
R9 380 4gb - running 16.3.2 crimson, most recent driver
I have been crashing very frequently while running Overwatch (exists out of the program, but not crashing my system) as well as occasional 1-2 a day *BlueSODS usually during game but very rearely even idle on the desktop screen. I ran Win10 verifier in order to investigate what could be causing this, it seems like an AMD driver. The BSODS have been ranging in type such as irql_not_less_or_equal, various memory issue ones, or even a paging file size one I believe.
The reason I suspect it is AMD is because of the error message I received when trying to investigate what is causing all these issues (by running verifier to stress my drivers)
ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+105c )
I have posted the full crash dump file in .txt format as an attachment for the debuggers who want to look into it.
I have also posted a zipfile containing various info about my software on the computer. I borrowed this program from tenforums.com. Should help with those who want to really dig in and diagnose
Various fixes and diagnosis I have tried:
- Install a fresh copy of windows and all the drivers
- Make sure all other drivers are updated (including bios)
- Changed various graphical settings ingame (ranging from lowest to highest, all crashing, as well as various different screen rates)
- Ran the *more* stable Crimson 15.11.1 beta driver, still crashes during then. So I have reupdated back to most recent one.
- Set a longer TdrDelay value (now currently at 8)
- Ran memtest86 overnight to check ram. Passed 6 full tests, no errors.
- Maybe some other stuff but can't remember, would love to hear what you think
Thank you for taking the time to read the post, hope to hear from someone!
Edit 1: Another BSOD: During youtube video
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+fe357 )
Uploaded as (Crash2.txt)
**I used DDU and reinstalled only the AMD video driver(Crimson 15.11.1) (went to Realtek website for most recent audio driver . Didn't restart, used CMD and typed:
'expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys' (found in AMD folder)
'expand.exe atikmpag.sy_ atikmpag.sys' (found in AMD folder)
**Moved these back into my System32->drivers folder, seemed to be a bit more stable at first, but then returned back to crashing.