7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 9:30 AM by kingfish

Support for display update on the 6370M

dberga

I encountered problems with the game "Assassin's Creed: Unity". The game does not start because it crashes (Appcrash) referring to the atidxx64.dll.
      So the solution might have been to update the drivers (both Catalyst and display), as the display drivers contain the relevant code information through atidxx64.dll.
      Therefore, I downloaded the AMD Catalyst 15.7 and I encountered several problems.
      -First, after installing the drivers for the display, the screen becomes black (although everything stills running), so that the display drivers from 6300M installed by such version do not work with the 6370M.

In order to fix it, I had to restore the system.

-Second, without installing the display drivers, I tried to install the AMD Catalyst only and It does not start. (this problem might come to the fact that newest display drivers [first problem] could not be installed)

Then, In order to fix it, I had to uninstall it and reinstall the factory ones from the official ASUS website
      ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - K52JT

INFO FROM MY COMPUTER:
      Windows 7 Home Premium
      Intel Core i3 370M

RAM 4GB
      AMD Radeon 6370M

New games as Metal Gear Solid V or previous versions of Assassin's Creed work really great with this old laptop, however with new games that will appear will support only the new drivers from AMD and I can only stay with the old ones because the drivers from AMD Radeon HD 6xxxM seems that does not support my AMD Radeon HD 6370M.

I can provide more information from my system, just ask.

Regards,
      David B.