4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 3:49 AM by sernov

Why if i have my drivers updated my 7870 is crashing with all games 24/7?

adrian995

i dont know what is happening, but my drivers are crashing everytime, i play GTA V, overwatch, cs go, and is crashing all the time, im tired of this, im starting to hate amd cards

When my drivers crash, my pc needs ro restart because my screen turns black...

• Re: Why if i have my drivers updated my 7870 is crashing with all games 24/7?
          amdmatt

The issue you have described could be caused by software or faulty hardware. I'd like you to try a system clean up and a fresh installation of our latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers, to see if it resolves the crashing you have been experiencing.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved, let me know the status.

• Re: Why if i have my drivers updated my 7870 is crashing with all games 24/7?
              sernov

I have the same problem with my gigabyte hd 7870.

Drivers are crashing everytime when i play any 3d game (the Whitcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, Wolfenstein The New Order etc...)

My system: Phenom x4 955, mb ga-990XA-ud3, 8Gb 1600Mhz system memory. Video drivers 16.8.2. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB x64 Version 1607.

Windows and drivers are freashly installed. All possible updates (incl. NetFramework and Visual C++) also installed.

It seems that problem started after february or march of this year. With 15.12 drivers everything is fine in games.

Also after watching the online movie the video memory clock rise up to 1200Mhz and gpu clock to 450. After ending the movie the clocks are not going back to normal. Only reboot is helpfull.

I have read many topics with "Your drivers failed but recovered" on hd 7870 on your support forums and it seems that this problem with Windows 10 have no solutions for monthes. So, please, let us know - If it is a driver bug and AMD will correct this issue? OR it is a new AMD policy - to downgrade earlyer gpu products (like Nvidia) to make your admirers buy Polaris-based videocards?((

Please, sorry my pure English.

Yours sincerely, Sergey from Belarus.