AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insane input lag in games where others have the same rig.

Question asked by rnsik on Jul 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2016 by rnsik

Specs

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

GPU: Msi R9 390x

CPU: Amd FX 6300

Psu: Thermal Take Smart 650 watt

Storage: 2 tb SSHD

I recently bought and installed DOOM and did research to see if my FX 6300 would prevent me from playing the game, or bottleneck my 390x, but people ended up saying it was GPU intensive and their builds with FX 6300's worked just fine at the highest settings. I have now seen this problem in many games where on startup and when the game has more to load. My input will severely lag or even not be registered at all. For example, if I press W I might have to wait more than 2 minutes for me to start moving, and when I do, I move forward until my computer decides it's time to stop, during this time I can only move my mouse. This has happened in other games on a minor scale, but never one this big for me. If anyone has any suggestions, or if I was wrong and Doom is being ruined by my old 6300 than please tell me.

As a side note, I believe it's the cpu because me and one of my friends have almost the same exact computer build, except he has an FX 8350 and I have and FX 6300, yet he runs doom just fine. Although it's only a few steps up.

Outcomes