7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 1:41 PM by xheartist

activity at 99%

xheartist

I have an AMD HD 8950 > i7 3820 3.60 GHz. > 16 GB RAM > Windows 10 64 bit.

My GPU Clock is at 900(Max 1200)MHz, Memory clock at 1275(Max 1575).  I'm just testing these with all the power control and all. But no matter how low or high, or anything that I do. The activity is always at 99%. How do I fix that? Also sometimes my temperature will go from 60 degrees C, up to around 80-85. Is that safe?

Can someone help me fix this and properly calibrate?

• Re: activity at 99%
          amdpete

You could have one of those bitcoin mining trojan / viruses installed or some other app is interfering, my first suggestion would be a fresh OS install.

xheartist

That'd be pretty shitty huh. lol. So much stuff to wipe and get back, all such a hassle. D:

gelonyrum

Just check your CPU activity in Windows Task Manager and then you will find bitcoin miner.

Or, if you didn't find any miner, just reinstall GPU drivers and this can fix your problem. (I'm getting the same problem on R9 380 sometimes)

ambrose

Hello,

If it were me and I was faced with a POSSIBLE Trojan, I think I would re-install OS instead of trying multiple trouble shooting stuff and maybe not solve the issue.

IMHO, but then again I don't have Windows 10, just my little old stable windows 7 64 bit.

All ribbing aside I hope you get it sorted out.

Regards, A.

goodplay

You could check task manager, see what's using up resources, start up, etc...

xheartist

Well. Google Chrome takes up a ton, that's for sure. >> Then depending on the games I play, activity will skyrocket from like idle 1-30% straight to 100. I mainly play Overwatch now though. Highly threaded, takes a bit. -- Also. Is 90 degrees C for my GPU too hot? I'm not sure if that's common or not, so I try to avoid it and crank my fan speed to 100% and just let my PC get all loud from the fan and keep it cool but. aha. When I have it on default, it puts fan speed to like 45% and allows it to get up to 90+ degrees C, so maybe? Idk. Just felt I should ask to be safe.

xheartist

Also. Is 90 degrees C for my GPU too hot? I'm not sure if that's common or not, so I try to avoid it and crank my fan speed to 100% and just let my PC get all loud from the fan and keep it cool but. aha. When I have it on default, it puts fan speed to like 45% and allows it to get up to 90+ degrees C, so maybe? Idk. Just felt I should ask to be safe.