Resolution Issue

lebert32
      • AMD Graphics Card
        • 5970x2
      • Desktop or Laptop - HA!
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • 15.301.1901.160226a.299900E (updated today...)
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung syncmaster 2253BW 8000:1 2MS via DVI
        • HP Compaq LA2006x 60 Hz DVI 2
      • Motherboard
        • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel i7-4970
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Antec 1200
      • RAM
        • 64G GSkill

Describe your issue:

• Since going to Windows 10 every game launches in a messed up resolution.  I have to launch each game into windowed mode to change it, and from there I do not have any other issues.  I am having a problem with From Dust, as it launches Uplay and I cant seem to change the settings from file or by launching the exe in windowed mode.  Like I said, every game.. From overwatch, counter strike and dota. 
      • basically the screen just goes black, alt tab just does not fix it.  have to launch every video game in a windowed mode upon first use.
      • I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers a couple times.

it really sucks having to plug into my onboard graphics to play fromdust.

• Re: Resolution Issue
          amdmatt

The HD5xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.

If you use Crimson 16.2.1 you can configure display properties, including refresh rate, resolution and orientation, via Windows Display Properties.