4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 6:24 PM by warsun

URGENT! My CPU is HOT!

xjoshx

I have a problem. I have an AMD A8 7670K (but you already knew that). For some unknown reason, the temperature readings have shot up to about 60-70° C AT IDLE! I'm still using the stock cooler. I've cleaned it and tried to reorganise the fans in the case but it's not helping. Please tell me what to do or if I'm getting worried about nothing(I'm pretty sure I'm not though) and hurry!

• Re: URGENT! My CPU is HOT!
          arcticwind

Does BIO's show the same temps?  (sometimes you can get bad readings)

Have you replaced the thermal grease on the CPU?

xjoshx

OK. The BIOS shows about 40-50 with the CPU fan at full speed (which is REALLY loud) but it's slowly rising. My question is if the BIOS is showing stuff like this, is Speccy some sort of con? Anyways, the inside of the case seems cool but no, I haven't been to get my hands on any new thermal paste because I'm leave for holiday on Sunday so I've been busy with that. Still, if I could get any recommendations on what I should continue to do or if you could get some sort of software that could check the REAL temperature of my CPU, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

techguy

Not all applications properly report the Internal CPU temp for AMD processors. AIDA64, Core Temp, HWiNFO and OCCT are known to report reasonably accurate temps in the 60C-70C range. Idle temps can be off for any number of reasons as the AMD APU/CPUs are always changing frequency and vcore voltage based on load. It's the internal core temp that matters. Some applications show "CPU temp" which is NOT the internal CPU temp but in fact is the CPU socket temp which can run 10C-25C higher than the processor internal temp depending on processor load and duration.

warsun

You may have not added the latest BIOS update for starters.Second you should run a anti-Virus check.If you have not done this.I suggest you check out any anti Virus programs.I also recommend ComboFix if you have any windows other than windows 10.In which it will not work an Windows 8.1 will not work.That will remove Every virus know an put you back on your original desktop if it was removed from your permission.But it also turns on Windows Updates.Disable that from your Services.