4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 9:47 AM by softclay

RX 480 Crashing with World of Tanks, "display driver has stop responding" - Works with other games

hyperdruid

Hi guys,

I have the new RX 480 and with World Of Tanks I will randomly get a "display driver has stop responding" Issue.

I was just wondering if AMD know about this issue or any way I could get a solution

Thanks in advance guys!

• Re: RX 480 Crashing with World of Tanks, "display driver has stop responding" - Works with other games
          amdpete

AMD are investigating this issue currently, it isn't an issue I have had personally with my RX 480 cards though.

Please post your full system spec and if it occurs on any particular map.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: RX 480 Crashing with World of Tanks, "display driver has stop responding" - Works with other games
              khayman7

I have put in 2 service requests on AMD's website for this very issue, and previously posted on here with 0 response from them in any way. My message board post is copied below. I will say WOT tech support was fast and responsive, having me do all the usual uninstall, reinstall, clean, etc... and over about a week or so of trial and error they determined that the problem is with AMD driver or hardware and not on their side (obvious answer I know). I've used AMD for as long as I can remember and this lack of response from AMD has me about ready to return it to the store and go to Nvidia. From what everyone says, I'll never look back.

I am consistently getting the AMD display driver stopped responding error on Sacred Valley. It is also happening on Ensk, and Abby.

I have a clean install of AMD 16.7.2 driver and World of Tanks. I uninstalled AMD driver in safe mode, cleaned, etc...installed new driver and Uninstalled WOT, cleaned, and reinstalled. The error persists.

This error has not happened in any other game/software.

Current system (new build just on the 3rd)

Windows 10 64 bit

intel i5 6600k (stock speed, never been OC'd)

RX-480 (stock speed, never been OC'd, but I did turn up fan speeds and lower temps at which they turn on in case overheating was the problem).

16gb Corsair Vengence 3200

700 watt PS

gigabyte 170xp sli (latest bios)

Change consistently to always on Sacred Valley, and consistently on abby (if not always). The hard part is since maps are random it takes a while to get the error to replicate.

hyperdruid

Hey, thanks for the response and you have explained the issue perfectly. Its really a shame AMD are not even taking note of their failed support.

I am on the borderline of changing to Nvidia as I need a card I can rely on during clan events and tournaments and this is getting beyond a joke.

Hopefully now multiple people are having the same issue they will look into it.

It appears the issue happens mostly on sacred valley and Ensk but does happen on other maps less frequently.

Lowering graphics settings appears to make it happen less frequently but this could just be luck.

Thanks again.

System:

Intel i7 4790k

16GB HyperX

AMD RX 480

Windows 10

Sent from my Windows Phone

softclay

Change to driver 16.11.5

Had same problem.

Know running gpu core at 1400Mhz, power +50%.

Rock steady.

(watercooled)