13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 11:12 AM by sneakyc4

radeon hd 2400 xt win7 driver problems

sneakyc4

i recently bought a new graphics card and more than 80% of the time ive been on my pc since then was from trying to find compatible drivers. there is nothing wrong with card keep in mind. i went on to the amd site to download the appropriate version of catalyst for drivers. this worked at first but all my system monitoring tools kept telling me that i had an ati radeon hd 2400 pro installed. now, this isnt really much of a problem but since i cant get the right driver installed, i think it might be the reason why i cant get any overclock program to overclock it. so i went into my device settings and found the gpu and tried to manually install the correct driver myself (the newest version being radeon hd 2400 xt v8.970.100.1100). whenh i selected to install the driver, a window came up stating "windows found a driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." right below that, it said"the driver selected for this device does not support this version of windows" im running windows 7 64-bit. ive been at this for about 4 days straight now so it would be very appreciated if someone could find a solution. thanks