AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon Additional Settings: Host application stopped working and recovered (W10 Pro, hybrid graphics)

Question asked by tolepia on Jul 23, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2016 by larso

Hey!

I am aware that this is a very common problem, but I haven't found the correct solution for me yet. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E460 with Windows 10 Pro, i7-6500U, 8 gb of DDR3, 192 gb SSD, Intel HD 520 & Radeon R7 M360 hybrid graphics. I have had various problems with hybrid graphics in the past few weeks, but now I am down to one. Randomly, I will get the message stated in the thread subject, usually when I try to access AMD settings. I currently have the latest 16.7.2 drivers, and I have also tried all 16.x.x drivers. Same problem with every single one of them. This is a major problem for me, but it is still annoying, since this is a brand new computer, which also was really expensive for my budget. So I would expect not to get all sort of error messages straight from the beginning. I have successfully removed the old drivers before installing the new ones, obviously, and I even tried the AMD removal utility which was a mistake, I was missing a bunch of DLL files after that, but got that one fixed.

I would really appreciate solution to this problem, would have a error-free system after this one, at least for now

Please ask if I forgot to tell something important.

TL;DR: Radeon Additional Settings: Host application stopped working and recovered, mostly when trying to access AMD settings from desktop.

Outcomes