1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2016 3:54 AM by kingfish

Can't install any version of CCC!

asahi

Hey there,

I recently updated to Windows 10 and checked for updates from CCC 15.7. It prompted me to upgrade to 16.1 and so I did but it didn't install anything, just the streaming app and the useless gaming evolved app: CCC was completely bare and had no options for my switchable graphics settings or AMD overdrive. I tried a clean uninstall and installing 15.7 again but it still doesn't install any graphic card drivers and I don't see the same CCC I had before this whole ordeal. Please, do you guys have any suggestions? Currently I have no drivers installed, I'm downloading the Leshcat drivers but it seems they don't support APUs too well.

(What an idiotic move AMD: This level of support really makes me want to switch to Nvidia for my next purchase!)

System info:

AMD A8 3500M APU / AMD Radeon radeon HD6755G2 / Currently using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

• Re: Can't install any version of CCC!
          kingfish

Leshcat drivers are for Intel/AMD graphics only.

You must use the drivers furnished by Microsoft. You will lose the switchable graphics. You should revert to the OS the laptop was designed for to have a fully functioning computer.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
          • AMD E2-2000 APU
          • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
          • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
          • AMD C-Series APUs
          • AMD Z-Series APUs

style="margin-top:3.0pt;margin-bottom:3.0pt;background:white"

• Reboot the system
          • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.